Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4609 (Misses Shirts)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Butterick: 4609 by FreyaStark Butterick: 4609 by FreyaStark
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people

hopflower said... (1/19/15 10:53 AM) Reply
Wonderful shirt, as usual. And the review is spot on. You also always pick the most beautiful fabrics!
fourkid said... (9/14/09 9:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I love the fabric - and your review. I do not have this pattern, but like all the details you point out - it will help me when I do look at shirt patterns (hopefully soon.)
FreyaStark said... (8/29/09 6:08 PM) Reply
Thanks all for those lovely warm and generous compliments. Thanks also for reminding me about the wide neck, which I'd forgotten. The neck does sit low, which doesn't bother me but is worth mentioning.
rosewrangler said... (8/29/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Great blouse! I've made this pattern a couple of times (sans stupid flower and tie) and like it very much, despite the fact that the neck is huge. Huge enough to look big even when unbuttoned, with the collar spread. Maybe I am just a pencil-necked geek!
sewbehind said... (8/28/09 6:30 PM) Reply
You achieved a very fine finish on your blouse/shirt.
Bunsnpigs said... (8/28/09 1:36 PM) Reply
What a great review. I have been looking for a nice blouse to make, and this pattern seems perfect. Thank you for reviewing it.
marec said... (8/28/09 11:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for the smile this morning...furry spider indeed! I love this shirt-great review.
Mini said... (8/28/09 9:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for this very helpful (and entertaining review). I also thought the pattern cover was unattractive - indeed rather scary. I'd be scared too, if a giant pink spider was crawling up my shirt! But now I am going to buy the pattern. I've been wanting to make a classic shirt in Liberty fabric, but needed to find a worthy pattern. Your photo convinced me that this is it.
Mufffet said... (8/28/09 9:33 AM) Reply
Great shirt - yes, omitting tie and flower were the right move! Looks great and the fabric is very fresh and gives a nice cool breezy look to this shirt.
carolynw said... (8/28/09 8:54 AM) Reply
Nice looking blouse - sometimes I sear you and I are on the same page with making blouses - your reviews are always helpful to me as I am busy making the same type of blouses - certainly going to get this pattern
CarolynGM said... (8/28/09 5:53 AM) Reply
This looks like a great pattern! I've been hoping to find one with a waist dart but no bust dart. Yours is lovely and appears to fit you very well.
michalklimer said... (8/28/09 1:27 AM) Reply
it looks just great!
Annette1 said... (8/27/09 11:30 PM) Reply
Well, as usual, an EXCELLENT (AND funny) review. :o) Half the time I'm reading a review, I forget to look at the pattern itself, but once I read your description of the grimacing model sporting a furry spider, of course, I had to look! Lo and behold, I have this pattern SOMEWHERE in the magnificent Bailey stash. :o) Your blouse has turned out beautifully, and the fit is spot on. (P.S. I watch Are You Being Served every chance I get.) :o)
ClaireEmily said... (8/27/09 11:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric as always! And I totally agree that your version is MUCH nicer than the pattern photo!
Christas said... (8/27/09 8:57 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Love the feminine fabric!
JustTrina said... (8/27/09 8:33 PM) Reply
i love shirts! and yours is very nice! i love the fabric and the fit of the shirt and you really gave a lot of details thanks.
All About Linings