Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 249 (1930s Day Dress)

Reviewed by:Amy Jeanne

About Amy Jeannestar
Member since: 4/11/09
Posted on:8/27/09 10:11 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
lovinlocks said... (4/27/15 10:45 AM) Reply
I am surprised that more sewists have not uploaded reviews on this frock. Sew glad that you did. I have seen this pattern for years at Folkwear and it certainly did NOT catch my eye. But now that I have seen yours coupled with where I am in life it has eye appeal to me. As an intermediate sewist I would not have even considered changing the zipper to the oh so sexy side zip until I read your review. Thank you. Cheers, Lyric. P.S. I am going to write a blog post about this frock. May I please feature your dress on my post? I may be contacted at lovinlocks@cheerful.com. Thank you for your kind consideration.
dukaqwn said... (1/4/11 11:19 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful dress! I am in love with styles from this era, and I have been eyeballing this pattern and the pattern for "glamour girl" dress for some time. Glad to know it came out so well!
Miss Fairchild said... (12/23/10 9:40 AM) Reply
I just now bought this pattern, based on your excellent review. Yes, you're right--what were they thinking of a back zipper? I much prefer the side zipper. Thank you for such an excellent review!
Athene said... (8/28/09 1:40 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely. I agree that their photo is very shapeless - I have looked at it and not been attracted to the pattern. Now after seeing your results I can see how nice the dress can be.
squirrellypoo said... (8/27/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Great dress! Brings back memories of mine, but I agree on folkwear's photos- I tried to submit mine to help but they really really picky about what they put up, despite what's already there! Glad to hear it worked so well for you, too.
waxpop said... (8/27/09 5:23 PM) Reply