Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7748 (Wrap-dress)

Reviewed by:Tailypo

About Tailypostarstarstar
Member since: 8/6/03
Posted on:8/27/09 4:17 PM
Last Updated:8/27/09 4:36 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
becca a said... (8/28/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Fantastic funny review! Your dress looks great with your redrafted obi. I don't think I'll be buying this pattern though.
Karla Kizer said... (8/28/09 7:28 PM) Reply
Best review of 2009! Vogue might not agree...
Laurie Lou said... (8/28/09 4:45 PM) Reply
Gee did I wirte this??? I'm with you bury the pattern and wear the cress. Like the others loved your review, feel the pain and thanks for a good chuckle!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/28/09 11:36 AM) Reply
I clap my hands in glee when I see that you have written a new review for I know I will be throughly entertained and learn something in the process!! You made a great save and your dress looks fabulous styled with the jacket and boots. Thank you for not throwing in the towel!
trishapatk said... (8/28/09 10:14 AM) Reply
You look great in the dress. I have to admit that I chose to read this review because of who authored it and I knew that I would be thoroughly entertained while reading it. You're just great! Keep up the good work ... and that means the great looking garments as well as keeping us all in stitches. ( the figurative kind)
pterion said... (8/28/09 10:10 AM) Reply
Sorry for the heartache. I agree with others that you look great. The obi sash does effectively lash the bodice to your body and save the outfit. I also agree that you should send the review to Vogue customer service although in all likelihood they would just send you another crappy pattern for free by way of apology. Love the review!
LollyVee said... (8/28/09 7:42 AM) Reply
Well, you rocked this review!!! Love the sash and boots. You made it work!
Mel.J said... (8/28/09 7:07 AM) Reply
Tailypo you are hilarious! Thanks for the review.
tess said... (8/28/09 4:31 AM) Reply
Well I think it looks great on you! Congratulations on refusing to bin it, great review!
katharin said... (8/27/09 9:35 PM) Reply
Thank you for this fun review! I find the dress very flattering on you and I hope you'll really get alot of wear out of it after all that stress. IMHO sewing Vogue dresses and tops is like playing lottery because the drafting is so unpredictable.
Kay Y said... (8/27/09 8:36 PM) Reply
As usual, a great read! I think after you forget some of the pain of the creation you may learn to love the dress, because it looks pretty good!
PegL said... (8/27/09 7:39 PM) Reply
What a fun review to read! I admire you for hanging in there and making it work! It does look very nice on you!
lamstu said... (8/27/09 7:12 PM) Reply
Sometimes the sewing goddesses send us messages and we don't receive. I commend you for persisting with your project after the early mistake. Well, it seems as though you can giggle now and enjoy your dress to some extent. Thanks for an honest review.
PJH said... (8/27/09 7:12 PM) Reply
Great review, thanks. I have this pattern in my stash and have been waiting to make it for years. Now maybe I'll leave it there!
Mermie said... (8/27/09 7:06 PM) Reply
I think it looks really cute on you. Love your review.
MissFit said... (8/27/09 7:00 PM) Reply
great review!
porgecat said... (8/27/09 6:55 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a great review!
Peter in NYC said... (8/27/09 6:52 PM) Reply
Oh, my. I am glad I wear men's clothes! If nothing else this resulted in a very entertaining read.
carolynw said... (8/27/09 5:26 PM) Reply
I am laughing so hard at your review - catching my breath to say - it looks nice - love the outfit with the boots. As to the cutting out errors - been there and done that but I didn't have extra fabric on hand so kept going back to the fabric store for more - I think they began to wonder who is this strange lady and what is she doing with all this fabric - they'll never know 'cos it was a wadder in the end!!
Elona said... (8/27/09 5:26 PM) Reply
That's a funny review! And the dress really looks quite nice on you, as it should after all your work! Now, I think the thing to do is to send your review to customer service at voguepatterns. That's what I would do. Sometimes their response is surprisingly nice, and in any case, they should know about blunders in drafting, etc.
crazygrad said... (8/27/09 4:45 PM) Reply
For all the problems, it looks nice on you! Cute dress!
sew obsessed said... (8/27/09 4:39 PM) Reply
Wow, I thought the dress looked great before I read about your train wreck........I still think it looks great even after the dust has settled! Sorry you had such a hard go of it. I too have cut 2 left fronts so I was chuckling to myself because the same tragedy of errors plagued me when I tried to correct the problem. All in all I have to say that you look fab- love the boots, love the dress......... M
Ach said... (8/27/09 4:35 PM) Reply
You crack me up! Nice save, though. Looks good!

by: staging la...