Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8582 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:8/28/09 3:37 PM
Last Updated:8/30/09 8:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

sfshaza said... (8/31/09 1:55 AM) Reply
ACK, I'm so sorry for these multiple posts. Not sure what I did wrong but I've emptied them of the repeated text, at least. I can't see how to delete them.
sfshaza said... (8/31/09 0:21 AM) Reply

sfshaza said... (8/31/09 0:20 AM) Reply
Yay! I think I have been able to fix my photo problem. Thanks everyone!
Elona said... (8/31/09 0:02 AM) Reply
sfshaza, for me, sizing my images is always a difficult process, but if you're more computer-apt than I am, try this link: http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/42483 If you don't get sufficient info there, you might want to contact Deepika personally with a pm. I really feel this is an important matter for those who truly want their reviews to be read.
sfshaza said... (8/30/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Yes, I can't figure out how to make it work. I download the image from my browser and it ends up teeny tiny. Not sure how to make it work right.
Elona said... (8/30/09 10:32 PM) Reply
I think--think--the top might be very pretty, but it's hard to tell with the tiny project photo. From personal experience, I know that it can be hard to size the image properly even using the template instructions at pr, but I don't have much time, and if the project photo isn't big enough for me to see details well, I often simply have to forego traveling to a blog. That project photo is in some ways The Big Advertisement that draws people in.
katie lynne said... (8/30/09 7:56 PM) Reply
Haven't visited your blog yet, so you probably have larger images there, but it looks like a lovely top for you from what I can tell. I have much the same physique as you and have wondered about this pattern (I love Marcy's pattern ideas) so your review really helps me. I really like your design alteration of balancing the side drape feature; it looks very nice.
DorothyK said... (8/29/09 12:08 PM) Reply
Very nice top. Looks great on you.
marec said... (8/29/09 11:41 AM) Reply
Very stylish and boutique-like. I wish I could wear this type of garment but just too short. it looks great on you. Thanks for the additional blog link. I enjoyed reading it.
Rebecca D said... (8/29/09 8:37 AM) Reply
I looked at this top when it came out and said, 'Eh.' Your version has me rethinking my casual tossing aside of this pattern. Looks great on you.
sfshaza said... (8/29/09 3:32 AM) Reply
I find this style to be extremely flattering on a full bust, pterion, and, boy, do I have a full bust. :) You want to use a stretch fabric and cut the size that yields a smaller bust measurement than your actual. (The front pattern piece shows the finished bust measurements.) This causes it to gently hug the breast and hang from there. If the fabric is sufficiently drapey, it's a very nice, very flattering line. I can't wit to see yours. :) I used this same pattern today as the basis of a completely different top. It's a keeper.
pterion said... (8/28/09 10:09 PM) Reply
Very fashion-forward and comfy looking top. I think I might need this pattern.
sew obsessed said... (8/28/09 5:55 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! I have been thinking about this one but was unsure how it would look on a full bust. I'll have to get it now....... Thanks for the review. Michelle
sew obsessed said... (8/28/09 5:47 PM) Reply