Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2008-101 (BWOF)

Reviewed by:Catbird

About Catbirdstarstar
Member since: 9/7/04
Posted on:8/28/09 4:40 PM
Terri A said... (10/19/10 0:03 AM) Reply
I am late commenting too, but wanted to mention this is a gorgeous jacket. I think I have this one and should try it. Thanks for the great review!
Mahler said... (8/31/09 1:24 PM) Reply
Again, I am late in commenting your review :-( Here is another fantastic jacket coming out of your sewing room. I love the relax look of it, and your modification are very judicious. I like your version better then the BWOF one. The colour is so nice. You can dress it up as well if you want. Wonderful !
Vellela said... (8/30/09 11:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket
sewbehind said... (8/30/09 6:42 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and your sewing is impeccable. I took a look at your other sewing projects too. You are one talented lady.
mylittleelephant said... (8/30/09 8:55 AM) Reply
Another lovely detailed jacket from you, this really made me feel like making a jacket soon even though that means to go thorough lengthy detailed works....which I suppose we actually love :-) , thank for the review!
becca a said... (8/29/09 6:12 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket. Your finishing details are exquisite and your detailed explanations very helpful. For future reference some hardware stores sell zipper repair kits with extra stops as well as zipper pulls. If you get one of these kits perhaps you could finish off your zipper with a manufactured stop.
zazzie said... (8/29/09 4:54 PM) Reply
I acutally love the "blousiness" ! Maybe it will grow on you - it is a rather new line that is coming back in fashion. It always take time to get used to a new shape. It's flattering on your figure anyway.
Grammy Gin said... (8/29/09 3:50 PM) Reply
Perfect looking jacket & a wonderful review! You look terrific in it!!
Karendee said... (8/29/09 2:28 PM) Reply
Annette, you are so hilarious!!!!!
Karendee said... (8/29/09 2:27 PM) Reply
What a magnificent jacket and review to boot.Your workmanship is perfect and the inside is something to strive for. I found your review SO informative and feel the double peplum adds so much to the finished garment. You look so wonderful in your jacket, also, and the trim, trim figure enhances your work. Congratulations on a job well done; someday I'd like a tutorial on those beautiful bias strips for the Hong Kong seam finish.
Annette1 said... (8/29/09 2:19 PM) Reply
"PIPSQUEAK" is just ONE SLIGHT STEP above "GOOFBALL." The GOOFBALL title rotates, depending on the circumstances, of course, but "PIPSQUEAK" remains constant. Signed, THE BOSS (which shall also remain constant). :o)
Peggy L said... (8/29/09 1:42 PM) Reply
Well, it would be too small for me:) It is absolutely stunning. You did a beautiful job and everything is finished beautifully. Wear it with pride!
Heatherrique said... (8/29/09 12:20 PM) Reply
Such a fierce and fine jacket! Thanks for your detailed review! Zippers still terrify me..
Catbird said... (8/29/09 11:13 AM) Reply
Thank you, everyone, for the nice comments! And Christa, this would NOT be too small for you, you little PIPSQUEAK, to quote someone we know and love :-))
trishapatk said... (8/29/09 9:17 AM) Reply
MAGNIFICENT!!!! (excessive use of exclamation points is warranted in this case) AbSoBloom'in Lutely Lovely in every way.
morzel said... (8/29/09 6:08 AM) Reply
What a great jacket! Great style, great craftmenship The "blousiness" just shows off a slim waist...
LollyVee said... (8/29/09 2:45 AM) Reply
Straight out of a boutique... all your hard work paid off. Brilliant review!
carolynw said... (8/28/09 11:20 PM) Reply
You should wear it alot - it is lovely. All your hard work sure paid off - looks very haute couture!!
nancy2001 said... (8/28/09 10:14 PM) Reply
Very chic casual jacket. It looks terrific on you.
SpinningJenny said... (8/28/09 8:10 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning and your expertise is inspiring! Stylish colour too.
Christas said... (8/28/09 6:43 PM) Reply
Also, I just have to add that the inside of your jacket is a joy to look at !
Christas said... (8/28/09 6:39 PM) Reply
Well, all I have to say is this: "If you lived anywhere near me, I would be WEARING this jacket!" I LOVE it! As sweet as you are, I just know you would share it (there is a house for sale down the street from me!) ...... of course your jacket would be far too small, but alas, it is the perfect color, the perfect style, AND it is expertly sewn!!!
Lori V said... (8/28/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty jacket, thanks for the informative review.
Annette1 said... (8/28/09 5:10 PM) Reply
GREAT review (as we all EXPECT, of course, so it's a good thing for you that it is). :o) I have to admit I was laughing at the picture of you with those dual pliers, trying to work with that zipper. It sounds like it would be easier to jut MAKE YOUR OWN ZIPPER than to try to shorten one I LOVE the way yours turned out though, and I think I like it even BETTER with the metal stop up there. I can't even SEE your little stop that you made, and I peered long and hard. The inside of this jacket is every bit as pretty as the outside. And as far as "bad things happening to good people," I see NOTHING bad whatsoever -- ha! It's a PERFECT fit, PERFECT construction. :o) Bravisimo!!