Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2009-114 (silk)

Reviewed by:Mahler

About Mahlerstarstarstar
QC CANADA
Member since: 7/28/07
Posted on:8/29/09 1:29 PM
Last Updated:8/29/09 2:06 PM

EveS said... (1/24/10 9:06 PM) Reply
LOVE!!!! I would've never thought to make this top, but with the TO DIE FOR fabric you found I don't think another pattern would have been as lovely! What a marriage!!!
Markie1 said... (9/4/09 4:37 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review...It had everything-passion, comedy, wisdom and...literature! AND an absolutely gorgeous silk top, that I really really want now. Thank you!
DorothyK said... (8/31/09 6:38 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Loved your review.
CynthiaSue said... (8/31/09 2:45 PM) Reply
you are so photogenic. wonderful review. like reading a little poem about your sewing adventure. You look like you should be luxuriating on the French Riviera.
Kellie R. said... (8/31/09 9:28 AM) Reply
Wow - This is gorgeous and you wear it so well, better than the model! Thanks for a great review!
Twinset said... (8/30/09 10:00 PM) Reply
Salut beauté! Tu es très belle dans ton top Burda! Love the look with your cropped pants, and love to read you as well!
ConnieBJ said... (8/30/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Ahh you got it done! It looks great!
Auntie Allyn said... (8/30/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Delightful review, gorgeous top!!!
Grammy Gin said... (8/30/09 10:52 AM) Reply
Everyone else said everything so beautifully......I'll just say you are amazing! I love your little tales...your reviews are so enjoying.
Diane E said... (8/29/09 11:40 PM) Reply
Je l'aime. C'est magnifique! (I think I have just used up my French.) Anne-Marie, this is an exquisite top and I loved reading your review. Merci! Il faut que je fais la meme chose pour moi.
Vintage Joan said... (8/29/09 7:33 PM) Reply
Wonderful -- and a bonus book review! :) Thanks! (Ooh, I just checked -- there's a film, too. :) :) )
no7262 said... (8/29/09 7:18 PM) Reply
I LOVE the vision you have given me for the whole day! Top is beautiful on you! Nora :)
Kay Y said... (8/29/09 7:10 PM) Reply
Anne-Marie, as you know I love this poncho, or whatever it should be called. How like you to quote the book - it is perfect! Hoping to see it in person , and to visit the source of the fabric with you someday soon.
FreyaStark said... (8/29/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Fabulous top! I love it. You've given me ideas as I have a piece of silk that would work well as a similar top.
Catbird said... (8/29/09 4:51 PM) Reply
If you're not going to write a book (and you should) I'm just going to have to take all your reviews and make a little book for myself so I can enjoy them over and over. Maybe sitting on the terrace listening to birds. They are treasures. And this silk poncho is unbelievably beautiful. I love the V-neck you created and would have hated those little flappy wings at the neck also! Your necklace and your wry, wise smile set the whole thing off perfectly. I love the quote from the book Silk to go along with your silk confection.
Maureen P said... (8/29/09 4:00 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Your neckline re-design is so much nicer than the original.
carolynw said... (8/29/09 2:54 PM) Reply
Well Anne-Marie I am definitely coming to the PR week end in Montreal and I dare you - double dare you - to wear this top - I'll have it off you and be yelling "start the car" to DH and be back home before you can blink. It is stunning - beautiful - georgeous and you bought the last piece - la huge sigh!! Great review as always
VtMartha said... (8/29/09 2:35 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
marec said... (8/29/09 2:15 PM) Reply
"This top is a pure product of bat engineering." So funny! Anne-Marie, this suits you so well. The design, especially with your alterations, is perfect for your elegant figure, and the silk fabric is just heavenly. You look marvelous.
Ann Smith said... (8/29/09 2:14 PM) Reply
Fantastically beautiful. I want to sit under a tree in such a garment.
Christas said... (8/29/09 2:11 PM) Reply
Ahhh..... Anne-Marie! This is so elegant! It looks so pretty on you.
Annette1 said... (8/29/09 2:09 PM) Reply
I actually enjoy hand sewing, as it IS relaxing (if you're not in a hurry), especially if you have little birdies to keep you company. Hmmmm, so I should revise my comment by saying it was worth each and every of the 150 minutes it took to stitch that delicious hem!
Mahler said... (8/29/09 2:04 PM) Reply
Thank you Annette ! For the hem, we can say that it was worth every hours ;-) I think over all it took me 2h30 to sew it by hands. I was sitting on my terrace in the shade listening to the little birds.
Annette1 said... (8/29/09 2:00 PM) Reply
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL, Anne-Marie. This fabric is priceless, no matter what you paid. As you say, it's irrelevant. :o) You wear this top wish such casual ease. In my opinion, the hand-sewn hem was the ONLY way to go and worth every minute. :o)

Fanny Pack or Purse