Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8333 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:Vellela

About Vellelastar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/14/09
Posted on:8/30/09 2:22 AM
Last Updated:8/30/09 2:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

2mulie said... (4/29/12 10:39 AM) Reply
Now I realize why I passed over this pattern at the Vogue sale....training level dressage flash-backs...If it was in another color (not horse tweed) I think I would have gone for it. Now I'm thinking it IS a beautiful jacket, and you did a fabulous job.
wordchick said... (2/29/12 5:19 AM) Reply
I agree, the jacket is exquisite! And (two years later), I hope you're still wearing it and have made it again. Your review of the pattern is great. I've had it a long time; I'm just getting to it in my sewing stash. I agree with others that the "horse and hound" comment was a compliment and testimony to the quality of the garment and how well you executed...fantastic job!!!
ak21 said... (1/2/12 10:02 AM) Reply
i have to agree, i think the "horse & hound" comment was a compliment. WOW this is stunning work. i have only just purchased this pattern after oogling it for months. I was lucky enough to win the Claire Schaeffer DVD on Couture sewing techniques so im very excited to get stuck into this pattern & take my time to do all the tailoring required. thank you for the inspiration.
moushka said... (8/31/09 3:36 PM) Reply
Your jacket is exquisite. Unless the speaker rides to hounds herself, and owns a pink jacket, she should have kept her mouth shut. Please don't let her comments affect your enjoyment of it. The style is a classic and you could wear it almost anywhere. Fine tailoring is always stylish. Enjoy!
CynthiaSue said... (8/31/09 2:40 PM) Reply
just speechless at your piece of art. so many hours to make this masterpiece. congrats on re-visiting tailoring. it is so fun to make such exquisite pieces.
clearlysewcrazy said... (8/31/09 10:57 AM) Reply
I have to agree with Catbird. Whether this person realized it or not they were paying you a HUGE compliment. I have been in the business of raising horses for 20 years. Equestrian clothing is very demanding. It has to fit PRECISELY. The goal is to completely show off your figure not only to look fantastic but to see how still and perfectly you ride your horse. Equestrian people are very fussy about the fit of their clothes and pay high dollar for them. This jacket is beautiful. I'm not at your quality level of sewing and I would love to own a jacket (especially one that I made) that looked like this jacket.
Jane S said... (8/31/09 7:28 AM) Reply
Wow, what a lovely jacket, definitely custom done just for you. Beautiful proportions. I think that remark really means expensive, classy looking which is just what your jacket is.
Danvillegirl said... (8/31/09 5:22 AM) Reply
Very impressive jacket. Great job!
nancyc said... (8/30/09 9:03 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! Wonderful work.
nancy2001 said... (8/30/09 8:41 PM) Reply
Very classic and elegant. You did a beautiful job.
Catbird said... (8/30/09 7:23 PM) Reply
Accidental double!
Catbird said... (8/30/09 7:23 PM) Reply
This is a lovely jacket, and I think the "horse & hound" was really a compliment, because riding jackets are so beautifully feminine and fitted, as your is. At least that's how I would interpret it! You've done a marvelous job and I hope you enjoy your classic jacket for years to come.
Mahler said... (8/30/09 5:41 PM) Reply
This is a great pattern and your version is great. People are so not thoughtful with their comments! It is not "horse and hound". I think if looks wonderful. Do not believe that person. I am redoing a jacket sewing course this fall and this is the pattern I have chosen. Great looking garment, kudos for your patience, I know how much time these projects take.
sewnsewtoo said... (8/30/09 4:39 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. You did a great job. Congrats.
maedchen said... (8/30/09 12:20 PM) Reply
So elegant!
carolynw said... (8/30/09 10:14 AM) Reply
One look and I could tell someone put a lot of time and effort into this awesome jacket - wonderful work!!
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/30/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Awesome jacket... and a wonderful testimonial to taking involved classes.... wish something like that were near me, here in N.E. OHIO. Beautiful jacket!
Lori V said... (8/30/09 9:44 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, you did beautiful work.
Kay Y said... (8/30/09 8:43 AM) Reply
I love this jacket - bought the pattern but have not made it up so I'm happy to see it reviewed again. I definitely think you should pursue the courses you are looking at!
KiarasMom said... (8/30/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Great job! This is one gorgeous jacket.
Judy Wentz said... (8/30/09 7:54 AM) Reply