Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8397 (MISSES' PANTS)

Reviewed by:sew obsessed

About sew obsessedstar
NV USA
Member since: 4/24/04
Posted on:8/30/09 5:39 PM
Last Updated:8/30/09 11:06 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
waltzqueen said... (9/1/09 11:31 AM) Reply
Cool pants and a terrifict review! Home Dec is a great resource! I recently found a gorgeous aqua/gold/pink painty stripe cotton that will make the cutest dress, on sale for $3/yd 60"! Thanks for the waistband technique which I will immediately use on the knit pants cut out on my dining room table. I have Vogue 8499-also Marcy Tilden-and I'm going to try your embellished seam idea on them.
Kayseri said... (9/1/09 8:43 AM) Reply
Fabulous pants, I'm dead jealous. I also check out the fabrics in the the home dec section but I haven't been this lucky yet.
Beek said... (8/31/09 4:03 PM) Reply
Hilarious review. Thanks for the chuckle! The pants look great and comfy, too.
moushka said... (8/31/09 3:48 PM) Reply
Love, love, love the topstitching detail and tab. Whatever your friend says, make more. The fit is perfect and they look wonderful on you. Absolutely, a winner!
AquariJenn said... (8/31/09 2:44 PM) Reply
Cute pants. The topstitching details and fabric really make them special. :)
RLL said... (8/31/09 2:44 PM) Reply
I love what you did with these and am now thinking that this pattern is just what I have been looking for. Wow, I would NEVER buy this pattern based on the pattern envelope.
sew obsessed said... (8/31/09 1:55 PM) Reply
katlew03: Yes, I went back into edit mode. There are spaces between my last link for the waistband and the beginning of the conclusion of the review. Hummmm, strange. Thank you for mentioning this.
sew obsessed said... (8/31/09 12:33 PM) Reply
sew obsessed said... (8/31/09 12:30 PM) Reply
Ann, it was because you had such great success with them that I bought the pattern:-)
Ann Smith said... (8/31/09 11:58 AM) Reply
Love your special stitching detail on the seams. I made these pants in black last year and they have been my favorites. In fact they have been washed so many times I must replace them soon.
katlew03 said... (8/31/09 11:32 AM) Reply
Did you space down after doing your links before continuing on your review? Somehow you connected the info after your links into them. Maybe if you edit and add a few blank lines, it might correct itself. I'm not a computer expert but have experienced just about every problem there is when doing reviews -- never this one. My links usually just won't function without retyping several times. Your pants are really cute. I want to try the view on the right but would not have looked twice at this pattern without seeing your review.
jent said... (8/31/09 6:38 AM) Reply
Very pretty pants! I love the decorative stitching!
BillieJean said... (8/31/09 5:52 AM) Reply
I love the looks of this on you. You just may have sold me on this pattern.
lamstu said... (8/31/09 4:35 AM) Reply
Cute trousers! Also thanks for the informative review.
babydoll said... (8/31/09 4:12 AM) Reply
i love the fancy stitch - would you consider telling us which machine you used and what stitch it is?
Annette1 said... (8/31/09 1:23 AM) Reply
I wish I could help you on the GREAT BIG CLICKABLE LINK :O), but as is usually the case with all things computer related, I'm worthless. HOWEVER, on to bigger and better subjects: These PANTS are SO cute! You must have the PERFECT build for these, because they really are flattering. I LOVE the tab detail, and I REALLY like that fancy stitch you used. I wish I had that. (For all I know, I do -- ha!) Great job! So sorry, potential Roman shade. :o)
SueV said... (8/31/09 0:37 AM) Reply
nice job; nice review. thanks for sharing
Aixoise said... (8/30/09 11:54 PM) Reply
These pants look great - and you got a great fit. It would never have occurred to me to make this pattern, but I'm reconsidering, based on your results. Sorry - since I haven't used the review template, I can't tell you what's up with the link. - R
sew obsessed said... (8/30/09 5:45 PM) Reply
If someone could tell me why the bottom portion of this review is a giant clickable link I would love to fix it:-(

Victoria Jones Collection 309 Womens' Long Dress