Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3115 (yoga pants and top)

Reviewed by:Heidi Ho

About Heidi Hostar
Member since: 2/2/08
Posted on:8/30/09 10:49 PM
Last Updated:4/10/10 5:18 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Activewear    Pants

ceejayem said... (10/18/13 3:20 AM) Reply
Fantastic review. Thank you for the tips, your measurements (at least width wise) seem to be the same as mine and I was initially considering the small, sounds like I need XS as I want them snug like purchased pants. Thanks to Karla Kizer as well - a perfect example of why PR is such a fantastic reference.
ceejayem said... (10/18/13 3:20 AM) Reply
Catbird said... (4/10/10 9:29 PM) Reply
I agree! This is a truly wonderful pattern. I've made it 3 times so far and wear my yoga pants for much more than yoga. Like you, I've considered making them in a dressier, beefier knit to wear outside the house. The fit and drape is that good on these. Yours are perfect!
Raye Ann said... (4/10/10 8:37 PM) Reply
still love these pants, too- my pre-pregnancy versions in the pants and shorts are still working for me at 7 months along! i keep thinking I will make another pair in capris, they are awesome pants! i just wish that fabric.com was still carrying the supplex.
Christas said... (4/10/10 5:48 PM) Reply
Very nice looking yoga pants! They look comfy too!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/10/10 5:29 PM) Reply
Great looking pants, I need more gym clothes!!
Annette1 said... (4/10/10 5:27 PM) Reply
These are just PERFECT, and you look GREAT in them. :o)
sailonsilvergirl said... (1/10/10 2:11 PM) Reply
These are great comfortable pants & easy to sew. I'm wearing a pair right now that I made years ago. The construction holds up. I've been meaning to sew more pairs for weekend lounging. This elevates that plan to top of list!
o3b said... (9/1/09 7:00 PM) Reply
Can I ask about the Supplex specifically? Your review prompted me to look at the Supplex, although I missed the sale due to time zone differences. But is the Supplex more like men's swimsuits or boardshorts or more like a stretchy knit top? How is it for comfort in an intense/sweaty workout?
Diane E said... (8/31/09 11:15 AM) Reply
These are fantastic. You did a wonderful job.
Heidi Ho said... (8/31/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Karla, thank you for the recommendation. I will try that on the next pair. I did do some stretching this morning and they don't actually ride down.
Karla Kizer said... (8/31/09 6:46 AM) Reply
Your pants look perfect, so you probably don't need any suggestions...but here goes: after you've put the pant legs together, fold the waistband and wrap it around your abdomen to see how snug you want it. Cut it to your customized length before you attach it to the pants; you'll probably have to stretch it quite a bit as you sew it on. This lets you make adjustments for the stretchiness of the fabric you're using and - bonus - your pants will stay up. This pattern is one PR's most popular and your pants are a good indication of why. They look great.
Cerisa said... (8/31/09 2:55 AM) Reply
You are dead right about this pattern. I have made several pairs and they have all turned out well. My 19 year old DD will even wear them in the gym. I have also made a pair in Ponti De Roma (sp?) which would be fine in the office as you suggest.
homejewel said... (8/31/09 0:09 AM) Reply
Ok, I have this pattern, but only made the top (not reviewed yet). The pants look perfect on you. There is nothing like yoga pants for comfort! Great job.
Mebber said... (8/30/09 11:00 PM) Reply
Super review. I am on a mission for a pattern for yoga pants and you've got me convinced. Tired of spending all of that $$$ on RTW yoga clothes - these look great. Thanks for the info.

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest