Vogue 7975 or Kwik Sew 3258">The Contemporary Couture Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2680 (Women's City Coat)

Reviewed by:hpsauce

About hpsaucestar
ON CANADA
Member since: 4/3/09
Posted on:8/30/09 11:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Stephanie C. said... (9/13/09 6:05 PM) Reply
That looks amazing!! I have my first coat (this very pattern, which I bought here) ready to cut out today!! After I get off the computer:)
Lorri said... (9/6/09 3:28 PM) Reply
I love your coat. You did a marvelous job Nice job on the review too. WTG!
CarolynGM said... (9/6/09 7:44 AM) Reply
This is a really cute coat --- I love the contrast. Great job on both the coat and review.
AdaF said... (9/4/09 2:18 PM) Reply
Very nicely done! Good job on your first coat! Careful, you'll have a lot of requests to make some for other people...!
Raye Ann said... (8/31/09 8:19 PM) Reply
how wonderful! your coat is very pretty and nicely styled with your fabrics. super first coat job!! keep at it, glad you joined the PR party.
Heatherbelle said... (8/31/09 5:58 PM) Reply
Hi, this looks great - well done! This pattern was also my first coat. I was nervous too but love the result it is really well drafted. I used the Reader's Digest Complete Book of Sewing to add a lining and would recommend you have a look at it too if you decide to line it. I did draft a lining pattern to attach to the facing, so the facing stayed in my coat. Facings do get easier and more straightforward the more you do!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/31/09 2:21 PM) Reply
You picked a fabulous color for your first coat - the lining is perfect! Great job!!
Vintage Joan said... (8/31/09 1:08 PM) Reply
"Rank beginner" -- first review? Wow! This is a great coat and a wonderful review!
rebija said... (8/31/09 12:27 PM) Reply
Nicely done!
RLL said... (8/31/09 11:42 AM) Reply
Congrats, very nice job! Love the color and your review. And I have always had the motto that every mistake is a learning opportunity.
Rhoda K said... (8/31/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Great job on your first coat. Your fabric choices are very pretty.
stretch queen said... (8/31/09 8:34 AM) Reply
So excited for your first coat. This pattern caught my eye about a month ago and since I am similarly fairly beginnerish I love your review. You boldly made changes and they were successful. WOW. I am inspired. I ordered my fabric for this pattern and can hardly wait to get started.
ClaireEmily said... (8/31/09 8:19 AM) Reply
I am so impressed!! What a great coat! you really have nerve- I have been sewing seriously for a year and have never made a coat or jacket. And I love the contrast fabric too,
Jane S said... (8/31/09 7:53 AM) Reply
What a fabulous coat and delightful review. Congrats on both!
Annette1 said... (8/31/09 1:00 AM) Reply
Well, FIRST of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your first review, and a GREAT one it is, too. Your coat has turned out SO nice! I think you're a natural at this (tears or no tears). :o) I've often been intrigued by this pattern myself. (And, YES, believe it or not, I HAVE it in the mountainous stash.) :o) I love what you did with the contrast hood lining and the belt. Good luck in the contest! I had come on here to send my friendly reminder, in case you left anything out of your review for the contest, but I think you have it covered. Should have any questions, though, you know where to find us on the discussion thread. :o)
sew obsessed said... (8/30/09 11:16 PM) Reply
You should be proud! It's beautiful! I love the cheery color. Congratulations on your first review. I hope to see your reviews here in the future. Welcome.

My Favorite Duffle Bag Paper Pattern