Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> 00 (Tube skirt)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/4/09 10:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Harriet Rogers said... (9/8/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Ann: I'm starting to get an inferiority complex: never in a million years would I have thought of using this fabric the way you did. And...I was there at the incubation!! I'll never forget walking in the doorway of the store with you and both of us pulling fabrics out of the bin before we were completely in the store! Congratulations on yet another great creation. I LOVE this on you, and the ruffle on the outside is nothing short of GENIUS.
sewbehind said... (9/5/09 11:07 PM) Reply
That is beautiful, Ann. You have and eye for the unusual and can carry it off with style.
solosmocker said... (9/5/09 9:07 PM) Reply
You carry this off beautifully and did a wonderful job of sewing a really unique fabric. I always love your work, Ann.
ClaireF in CA said... (9/5/09 7:13 PM) Reply
Another great idea from you Ann! This skirt looks beautiful and interesting!
sewsue said... (9/5/09 4:59 PM) Reply
What a beautiful unusual fabric. The skirt looks fantastic.
Raye Ann said... (9/5/09 12:35 PM) Reply
beautiful! i love your unique style. everything you make (or at least what you review!) is clever and chic.
DorothyK said... (9/5/09 12:31 PM) Reply
Your ingenious use of the fantastic fabric makes this a fabulous skirt which looks great on you. I've seen this skirt in person and it is even better than it looks in the picture.
Patti B said... (9/5/09 12:25 PM) Reply
Ann, I love your sense of style. This skirt has such verve -- it's just wonderful!
Grammy Gin said... (9/5/09 12:13 PM) Reply
Very different...unique! Your necklaces look great with it also.
Barbara V said... (9/5/09 11:49 AM) Reply
A totally fantastic skirt and fabulous fabric even more spectacular I must say having seen it in person. You're lucky I didn't sneak off with it! You look great in it! Very clever to create the outer drape.
CarolynGM said... (9/5/09 7:18 AM) Reply
Very clever to make the cascading ruffle that way. You are lucky to be able to find some wonderful fabrics.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (9/5/09 7:07 AM) Reply
Ann...another wonderful garment! You have a beautifully unique way of always looking chic, elegant, and so modern.
LollyVee said... (9/5/09 2:34 AM) Reply
That skirt is fabulous. Great eye for stunning fabric! I love unusual fabrics like this one and great colour combo!
SpinningJenny said... (9/5/09 2:32 AM) Reply
Super skirt and great colours - your creative vision strikes again! Ann you wear your own eye-catching and slightly alternative style so well.
Annette1 said... (9/5/09 0:14 AM) Reply
There you are, modeling this fabulous skirt in one of my all-time FAVORITE color combinations (if not THE favorite). How ingenious! I'm sure I would never have thought of this use for this fabric. It's fun to read about you and Harriet scouring over some of your favorite haunts, too. :o)
Markie1 said... (9/5/09 0:10 AM) Reply
This is so cute! And you didn't go the obvious way--as usual. I want to go to Fabrix next time I am in SF

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2012-1