Pattern Reviews> Shapes> Crazy Eight Top (Crazy Eight Top)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:9/5/09 6:04 PM
Last Updated:9/5/09 6:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Lookingpast said... (4/7/10 3:07 PM) Reply
Thanks! I have this pattern and have been thinking of making it in a rayon (floral or solid) but I wasn't sure I really liked the way the front looked. With your inspiration, I'll just wear it backwards!
SEH1950 said... (9/28/09 5:32 PM) Reply
Where can I get this pattern? I have never heard of 'Shapes' patterns before but I love this top - especially the way you wear it! I just looked it up and found it to be a Sewing Workshop pattern. I used to take classes there when I lived in CA and loved it! Susan
Auntie Allyn said... (9/7/09 8:23 AM) Reply
After seeing your version, I can't imagine wearing the top any other way! I love the look, and your fabric choice is just perfect!
SpinningJenny said... (9/7/09 5:57 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric and another great garment! P.S. The garden sculpture is a wonderfully creative backdrop.
Schnauzer said... (9/6/09 10:21 PM) Reply
Ann, your top is gorgeous and complements the Marcy Tilton pants wonderfully. Fabulous outfit!
marthamyers said... (9/6/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Another of your lovely creations. Actually I like it both ways - the drape is fabulous in either the front or the back. Thanks for the review.
moushka said... (9/6/09 1:41 PM) Reply
The way you are wearing this top is much more interesting and flattering than the way it was designed. You look fantastic, as usual. Thanks for a great review.
DorothyK said... (9/6/09 12:48 PM) Reply
Stunning. I have to say I was dubious when you showed me the fabric, but it came out great. And guess what! Today I'm wearing my top backwards and I like it much more. What would we all do without your creative ideas to emulate?
PegL said... (9/6/09 11:08 AM) Reply
Turning this top around was such a good idea! Brilliant and it looks so nice on you!
Barbara V said... (9/6/09 10:06 AM) Reply
Terrific top! Your ingenuity in reversing it and pairing it with the Marcy Tilton pants make this outfit very attractive. Wonderful creativity!
Nancy Rhodes said... (9/6/09 9:43 AM) Reply
what fun! I agree Front is better in the back. Did you send your pic to LC? I am certain she would get a kick from your reversal...
Harriet Rogers said... (9/6/09 8:42 AM) Reply
Ann: love the top..worn backwards: really smashing look. The sleeves remind me of the large shirt (V1112) that I reviewed: even the material is similar. Thanks for review...I'm now going to make this up with some material I already have, and once again, emulate your creation; i.e., wear it backwards. Where would we all be without your ideas???
Fran G said... (9/6/09 8:28 AM) Reply
You wear this look beautifully! Wearing the top backwards works so much better!
LollyVee said... (9/6/09 7:20 AM) Reply
You definately pulled out the right fabric for this top! Love the drape in the front. They are perfect with the Tilton pants. Very nice.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (9/6/09 5:47 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I always look forward to what you'll sew next.
sew2little said... (9/6/09 1:44 AM) Reply
So great! So Ann!
Jane S said... (9/5/09 10:45 PM) Reply
How creative of you to notice the flattering possibilities in this pattern. Another winner.
EleanorSews said... (9/5/09 9:24 PM) Reply
What an interesting top! How clever to think about trying it on backwards. Great look!
Ann Smith said... (9/5/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Mollyshark, you are right on. The pants are Marcy's pattern Vogue 8397.
ClaireF in CA said... (9/5/09 7:03 PM) Reply
Ann, this top is so interesting and attractive on you! Definitely love the back in the front!
papago said... (9/5/09 6:53 PM) Reply
Great looking top, Ann. I just ordered it after reading both your review and Dorothk's. Laura
mollyshark said... (9/5/09 6:49 PM) Reply
I absolutely agree...your ay of wearing it is the best. A little scary on the sizing, though, if that is an XS! Still I love Louise's designs and may give this one a try. What pants pattern are you wearing with this? Looks a little like a Tilton..another of my favs.
FreyaStark said... (9/5/09 6:18 PM) Reply
A distinctive look. I agree - it's more interesting back to front.

by: Sheila457