Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2614 (Misses Pull Over Tops with Sep)

Reviewed by:Amanda S.

About Amanda S.starstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 6/27/08
Posted on:9/5/09 8:34 PM
Last Updated:9/5/09 8:34 PM

AnneM said... (2/1/11 8:13 PM) Reply
Nice, great idea to make that in a sheer fabric.
Elemenopeo said... (4/18/10 2:21 PM) Reply
Wonderful top and review!
pipet said... (3/2/10 11:03 PM) Reply
Like the other readers, I think this looks absolutely awesome on you. The fit is incredible and your inside detailing is beautiful!
Sharp said... (2/17/10 0:13 AM) Reply
I just snagged this pattern--great tip about cutting the front on the fold. I love your sheer version and will have to give that a try sometime. Lovely work!
AuntieShel said... (9/10/09 10:43 AM) Reply
Amanda, another grand slam!!!!! Sooooo beautiful and impeccable workmanship as always. I had not noticed this blouse in the book, but am going to take a second look. The basic pattern (empire waist with center seam in upper bodice, lower bodice and back cut on bias) is similar to another Simplicity pattern I sewed a few summers ago. This one has a lot more panache, especially in the fabulous fabric you chose.
pammieh said... (9/8/09 1:24 AM) Reply
I love your sewing - what an inspiration!!
pammieh said... (9/8/09 1:24 AM) Reply
I love your sewing - what an inspiration!!
Jacqui315 said... (9/6/09 12:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I must get this pattern now.
Barbara V said... (9/6/09 10:24 AM) Reply
Just a lovely top. So feminine in choice of fabric and pattern. Fine work as always!
booie said... (9/6/09 9:16 AM) Reply
I always love to read your reviews. Your attention to detail is so inspiring. This blouse looks perfect, both inside and out.
Michelle L said... (9/6/09 8:06 AM) Reply
Great job! I love this fabric, and it was just perfect for this style of shirt. You always do just beautiful work!
halleyscomet said... (9/6/09 7:39 AM) Reply
I made this once but I really like the changes you made to it especially no center front seam. I'm going to do that next time I make this blouse. Thanks!
eugenia123 said... (9/6/09 6:13 AM) Reply
This is so beautifully constructed, it looks perfect. I love that fabric - the color really suits you.
LollyVee said... (9/6/09 5:17 AM) Reply
Another stunning creation. Just read your blog...can't wait to see your new wardrobe additions! Thank you for a great review (as always)
ClaireF in CA said... (9/6/09 2:05 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse, and beautifully sewn!
Sewnsewmom said... (9/6/09 1:18 AM) Reply
Very nice and the color is very pretty too. I have this pattern and after reading your review, I have to make it.
michalklimer said... (9/6/09 0:13 AM) Reply
it is just so prettty! great fit too!
pbrenneraz said... (9/5/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse, and very beautifully sewn!
Gelbean said... (9/5/09 11:52 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern. I hope mine turns out as well as yours. It is beautiful! Thanks for the review.
SeamsFabulous said... (9/5/09 11:25 PM) Reply
What a fabulous blouse! I love the color, fabric and fit! Great job!
renren said... (9/5/09 11:10 PM) Reply
You describe it as being super picky but what we are calling it is the precision with which you sew. Your work is meticulous and tonight as I read your review I also appreciated how clearly you describe the process you used. I followed each step and I think reading your reviews is a sewing lesson in itself.
Sallygirl said... (9/5/09 9:29 PM) Reply
Just perfect, as always, Amanda. I'm always amazed at the precise fit you get. I love your choice of colors/fabrics also!

J Stern Designs Khaki Pants Pattern