Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Other> PTN-018 (Star Trek Starfleet Officer)

Reviewed by:KiwiWendy

About KiwiWendystarstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Posted on:9/12/09 10:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
David Faith said... (5/29/14 6:50 AM) Reply
Pretty good review KiwiWendy.
Trephas2003 said... (9/23/09 3:56 PM) Reply
Sorry you wouldn't recommend it. :-( Uhura looks great, though.
droxy said... (9/15/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Bummer. I would try vintage 60s ore dancer/skater uniforms and modify to the trek motif. =)
dbsewer said... (9/13/09 8:41 AM) Reply
Great review. Sounds like they cheaped out when they made this pattern. Sandi S, you're funny. :-)
Primatoidefutile said... (9/13/09 6:02 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review ! It is funny (sorry, after all you went through) and very informative I admit I have also considered the idea, but I think I would have gone with some similar looking pattern and tweaked it...
KiwiWendy said... (9/13/09 5:14 AM) Reply
Sandi, you're absolutely right. I suspect they cloned a garment, & bodgy graded it up to multisizes. And not knowing how to fix the arm issue, just left them too narrow for any but a stick armed woman. It might work if you're a size 4/5, and toile it and fix the seam differences & mismatched sleeve lengths.
Jacqui315 said... (9/13/09 2:57 AM) Reply
I loved that uniform as a kid watching reruns. I'm glad to know to stay far away from the pattern. You're too funny Sandi - "some" drafting skill! LOL
MasoumaRose said... (9/13/09 2:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I was on the verge of tracking it down so I could make a costume in time to Halloween, but it sounds like I'll pass. I appreciate your sharing your experience.
Sandi S said... (9/12/09 10:44 PM) Reply
excellent review of a disasterous-sounding pattern - I think the true tip-off that it might be bad is the "some sewing skill required" line at the bottom of the pattern front. Looks like the designer only had "some" drafting skill.

Bluegingerdoll The Winifred Dress Paper Pattern