Pattern Reviews> Other> PTN-018 (Star Trek Starfleet Officer)

Reviewed by:KiwiWendy

About KiwiWendystarstarstar
NA AUSTRALIA
Posted on:9/12/09 10:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
David Faith said... (5/29/14 6:50 AM) Reply
Pretty good review KiwiWendy.
Trephas2003 said... (9/23/09 3:56 PM) Reply
Sorry you wouldn't recommend it. :-( Uhura looks great, though.
droxy said... (9/15/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Bummer. I would try vintage 60s ore dancer/skater uniforms and modify to the trek motif. =)
dbsewer said... (9/13/09 8:41 AM) Reply
Great review. Sounds like they cheaped out when they made this pattern. Sandi S, you're funny. :-)
Primatoidefutile said... (9/13/09 6:02 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review ! It is funny (sorry, after all you went through) and very informative I admit I have also considered the idea, but I think I would have gone with some similar looking pattern and tweaked it...
KiwiWendy said... (9/13/09 5:14 AM) Reply
Sandi, you're absolutely right. I suspect they cloned a garment, & bodgy graded it up to multisizes. And not knowing how to fix the arm issue, just left them too narrow for any but a stick armed woman. It might work if you're a size 4/5, and toile it and fix the seam differences & mismatched sleeve lengths.
Jacqui315 said... (9/13/09 2:57 AM) Reply
I loved that uniform as a kid watching reruns. I'm glad to know to stay far away from the pattern. You're too funny Sandi - "some" drafting skill! LOL
MasoumaRose said... (9/13/09 2:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I was on the verge of tracking it down so I could make a costume in time to Halloween, but it sounds like I'll pass. I appreciate your sharing your experience.
Sandi S said... (9/12/09 10:44 PM) Reply
excellent review of a disasterous-sounding pattern - I think the true tip-off that it might be bad is the "some sewing skill required" line at the bottom of the pattern front. Looks like the designer only had "some" drafting skill.

by: LM2HYD