Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2633 (Project Runway Misses Tops)

Reviewed by:ALY

Last Updated:9/8/09 10:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
Lana E said... (11/3/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Wow. the result of your hard labor is just fantastic! I wouldn't have even noticed that sleeve detail on the envelope. Thanks for showing the close ups, they really help bring around the whole concept....and hey, that color and style is lovely on you.
Lili123 said... (9/20/09 9:40 AM) Reply
your blouse is very elegant and stylish, love the color.
Jolet said... (9/10/09 4:16 PM) Reply
I love the style and the color. You did a great job, with the right fabric. Fabulous result!
Heatherrique said... (9/10/09 9:21 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning, Aly! Beautifully done!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (9/9/09 8:48 PM) Reply
I absolutely love the sleeves. It's really difficult to see the Simplicity Project Runway pattern details online so thanks for highlighting this one.
Lunchbucket said... (9/9/09 7:44 PM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful! I have this pattern and I think I will have to move it up on the list. I just love those sleeves!
nellc said... (9/9/09 6:07 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, the sleeves are such an interesting design and I love the colour.
Erica B. said... (9/9/09 6:05 PM) Reply
Great top! Love the sleeves!
MaryBeth said... (9/9/09 4:09 PM) Reply
I agree, it's awesome! Definitely a blouse pattern worth making. Great construction, too. Thanks for doing the review.
MissCelie said... (9/9/09 2:57 PM) Reply
omg. That is REALLY adorable. I'm totally getting this when Simplicity goes on sale again. That sleeve is AWESOME.
rebija said... (9/9/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Lovely! Beautiful color!
Lynnelle said... (9/9/09 1:38 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and have been meaning to get a muslin going. Thanks for the review. Nice job!
busymomof3 said... (9/9/09 1:34 PM) Reply
I LOVE your top! I have a RTW with sleeves like that I want to copy so bad. Thank you for the review!!
Danvillegirl said... (9/9/09 11:53 AM) Reply
This is a pretty blouse. Love the neckline and the sleeves. This is another pattern for me to buy and try. I have had good luck with the Project Runway patterns to date.
cmarie12 said... (9/9/09 11:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! Great details and thanks for all of the info!
Barbara V said... (9/9/09 11:12 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! What interesting design elements. Your choice of fabric and color are perfect. It looks great on you!
im2melo4u said... (9/9/09 9:47 AM) Reply
I hadn't given this pattern a second glance until I saw your review. It looks fantastic!
Shari B said... (9/9/09 8:59 AM) Reply
wow! looks great. I love the sleeves. Thanks for the review. Think I will give this pattern a try.
CarolynGM said... (9/9/09 7:51 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful shirt, and I absolutely love the sleeves. Great fabric choice too.
Jatman said... (9/9/09 6:26 AM) Reply
Wow! Really nice blouse - love the sleeves. I just bought this fabric and it's nice to see it in action!
Rebecca D said... (9/9/09 6:14 AM) Reply
You did a great job on this top. The neckbands and collar look perfect, as do the sleeves.
AnitaJ said... (9/9/09 4:17 AM) Reply
Great blouse! A perfect marriage of fabric and pattern. It's those sleeves that really drew me to this pattern too. :)
ClaireF in CA said... (9/9/09 1:24 AM) Reply
Your blouse is just beautiful! The collar and sleeves are lovely! I've also found Project Runway pattern instructions to be very confusing!
Ingiepops said... (9/9/09 0:37 AM) Reply
Wow, this looks great! Love the colour of the fabric. Like others have stated, I would never have looked twice at this pattern until I saw your review. Now to add yet another pattern to my wishlist.....;)
Amanda S. said... (9/9/09 0:23 AM) Reply
Very nice blouse. I knew this would be super cute made up which is why it's currently in my stash. I'm inspired to make my version now. Thanks!
Riordan said... (9/9/09 0:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse--it looks lovely on you!!
Ann Smith said... (9/9/09 0:00 AM) Reply
Very nice. Love those sleeves and the the fabric looks great too. Beautiful color.
HLT said... (9/8/09 11:26 PM) Reply
OK...they need to put your version on the front of that pattern! Love the sleeve design. Totally missed this one. Excellent craftsmanship!
Kaitlinnegan said... (9/8/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Lovely top - it really looks like a finely sewn designer garment! The sleeves are too cool.
MamaSewing said... (9/8/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Very, very nice!
Roary said... (9/8/09 10:25 PM) Reply
I love the shirt you made and never looked twice at the pattern until I saw your finished product. Ghaww-geous! I am a beginner/intermediate sewer. Do you think this was more of an advanced project?
Sew4Fun said... (9/8/09 10:18 PM) Reply
What a fabulous blouse! The fabric is so perfect for this pattern.
SueV said... (9/8/09 10:12 PM) Reply
that is a really cute top and I love the details... it's on my list to do! thanks for the review

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2012-9