Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5329

About DreinPAstarstar
Member since: 4/5/06
Posted on:9/9/09 8:09 AM
Last Updated:9/9/09 6:44 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Coastal Connie said... (5/15/10 6:47 PM) Reply
I love that jacket on you! Gorgeous color, great lining. Thanks for talking about how long it took you, as I decided to NOT make it right now. Looks very sweet on you.
richsews said... (10/5/09 2:03 AM) Reply
Hi from sunny South Africa - i have looked at this pattern often. you sew beautifully and i just love the lining/fabric combo. we really battle to buy such lovely stuff here. you have a good eye for what works together.
DreinPA said... (9/12/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Woe is me I cannot as I started it in April...
Nata said... (9/11/09 11:05 PM) Reply
It's very pretty. You should enter it into the jacket contest.
Sew Shy said... (9/11/09 0:48 AM) Reply
Very cute jacket. I loooove the fun lining you chose.
Jolet said... (9/10/09 4:13 PM) Reply
I love the style, the color and the way you sewed it. Great result, you're to critical towards yourself!
calminatrix said... (9/10/09 3:21 PM) Reply
LOVE YOUR JACKET!!! and patterns are SO like men in so many ways, so fun and full of promise when new, such a pain in the butt when just a few days old!!!(just kidding) you did a beautiful job and your lining is gorgeous! it looks fab on you!
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/10/09 3:08 PM) Reply
The fabric you chose for this jacket is lovely! You look fantastic in your jacket - it doesn't have too much ruffle or fuss! I hope that you'll wear your jacket often and get lots of compliments.
cmarie12 said... (9/10/09 11:47 AM) Reply
Cute jacket but the fabric you used is AWESOME! It really makes the jacket special!
mending maven said... (9/10/09 10:29 AM) Reply
All I can say is WOW!
Heatherrique said... (9/10/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Mesmerizingly lovely jacket! Very nicely done!
Woolygal said... (9/10/09 7:42 AM) Reply
This jacket is fantastic. The sleeve ruffle is perfect and the fit is wonderful. It looks like it would sell for hundreds. I love it.
thirteenstitches said... (9/10/09 7:39 AM) Reply
Very nicely done! A good color and fit.
becca a said... (9/10/09 7:13 AM) Reply
This is a really cute jacket and I love your lining.
ryan's mom said... (9/10/09 6:16 AM) Reply
I completely understand about not being a ruffle and fuss kind of gal, but this jacket sure looks great on you!
michalklimer said... (9/10/09 0:02 AM) Reply
it os gorgeous!
Sew4Fun said... (9/9/09 7:54 PM) Reply
Great jacket. It looks really expensive. I love the fabric and the funky lining.
Lori V said... (9/9/09 5:17 PM) Reply
I think it is adorable too, and hope to see pictures of you wearing this jacket. I am with you on long projects.
Coastal Connie said... (9/9/09 5:09 PM) Reply
I think it looks adorable~! I'd love to see a picture with you wearing it, and a couple other views (side, back). I know, jackets always seem to take so long. I have one I started in April, and got stopped on it when the hips were too narrow...argh. Guess I'm getting motivated to tackle it again, by your post
Michele Lommasson said... (9/9/09 12:47 PM) Reply
I enjoyed reading about your jacket. I think it's quite cute; your fabric choices were great. I'm pretty sure you're going to love wearing it as soon as you've had a few days away from messing with it.
Bunsnpigs said... (9/9/09 12:41 PM) Reply
The fabric IS gorgeous. I saw this pattern and thought the same thing.. it is just outside my comfort zone. Your execution is beautiful, and I am sure you look great in it, too. I can't wait to see the pic of you in it.
Rhoda K said... (9/9/09 10:44 AM) Reply
I agree on the ruffles and fuss, too, but your jacket is gorgeous. I love your fabric as well.
sewbehind said... (9/9/09 10:22 AM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely. I know what you mean about the 'not being a ruffles' and fuss gal. It IS a gorgeous jacket.
knitmachinequeen said... (9/9/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Sorry you don't like it so much because I absolutely love it. I may have to add this pattern to my stash. I especially love the sleeve ruffle and the collarl detail.
dbsewer said... (9/9/09 8:25 AM) Reply
Wow, I think this is just adorable. Would love to see it on you. I like the longer sleeve version. Your fabric is terrific and that lining adds a nice couture pop. Too bad you don't like the pattern because it really turned out quite beautifully.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117