Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4221 (Misses Top & Skirt)

Reviewed by:PatCSM

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus
sherri2sew said... (9/12/09 5:31 PM) Reply
Chances are you are the only one who would ever be bothered by your barely visible tan line and the not quite perfect flounce hem (looks better than RTW)! Every else just sees a pretty top!
JudyP said... (9/12/09 9:01 AM) Reply
the fit on your top is very good. Choosing a smaller size to start with and then doing an FBA makes a big difference! Your flounce hem looks good, but they are always a pain to hem. I find that if I am hemming a flounce on something special, hand sewing is the way to go. It is easier to control.(but I hate hand sewing!)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/12/09 7:57 AM) Reply
You top turned out beautifully. The fit is wonderful and the flounce is really cute. The sleeves look great. If I make this pattern again I'll use the original sleeves. I love the print on you. You really did a fantastic job on the alterations!!!!!
Rebecca D said... (9/12/09 7:39 AM) Reply
You got a great fit on this one and now that all the alterations are done, the next one will be that much easier and faster. I think this is a very versatile top that you can use often. Don't worry about the tan line. I have the same one and just had a professional portrait taken for my job and mentioned it to the photographer, hoping he'd even it all out with Photoshop but he poo-poo'd me - 'Don't even see it' he said.
Kayseri said... (9/12/09 5:16 AM) Reply
Great looking top and it fits beautifully.
meesa said... (9/11/09 10:58 PM) Reply
I considered this pattern once but now I see it on you I really like it and want it! Great review with links! Thanks!
Andreahg said... (9/11/09 8:59 PM) Reply
Very cute and the fit looks great!
sewnsewtoo said... (9/11/09 8:07 PM) Reply
You top looks great. It is rewarding to fine tune fit.
Camerio said... (9/11/09 7:21 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern this afternoon. You are now inspiring me to try it as soon as possible. I like the look of it on a real person.
Steffie said... (9/11/09 6:14 PM) Reply
Nice job! I have this pattern and have never made it up. Thanks for the tips.
Elaine Dougan said... (9/11/09 5:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for suggesting helpful tips. Nice blouse.
RLL said... (9/11/09 4:56 PM) Reply
This looks very nice on you. Good job on your alterations. I made this top once for myself and it turned out really nice..........for someone smaller than me :( Now that I know how to alter better, I may just revisit it.

Sewing Workshop Equinox Jacket Pattern