Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 1204 (Travel Trio One)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:9/16/09 3:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants
lmg said... (9/23/09 2:52 PM) Reply
Just saw this review. The pattern is lovely and it looks great on the dressform but I have the same figure issues as you. Sigh. It is so cute. How about the pants? I think the centre seam would be very useful.
mcphicks said... (9/23/09 9:37 AM) Reply
I also tried this top. I am an F cup and it didn't work for me either. I was swamped with fabric. The length wasn't great on me either. Also the tie sewn into the side seam feels very high.
valerie sews said... (9/18/09 7:41 AM) Reply
I think this jacket looks beautiful and am sorry it doesn't work for you. Nevertheless thank you for a helpful review.
Nata said... (9/17/09 8:43 PM) Reply
I like it on your dressform. Sorry you don't like it on yourself. Maybe it'll grow on you. Thank you for reviewing it.
CSM--Carla said... (9/17/09 8:01 PM) Reply
Wow, great review, drsue. I'm about your height and build and am not sure this long jacket would work for me either. Would you clarify about the asymmetry of the jacket--the right side of the jacket front being much lower than the left--is this because of your alterations or because of the pattern design? Thanks for this great review!
cindyann said... (9/17/09 9:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Sue. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work on me either.
carolynw said... (9/17/09 8:47 AM) Reply
That's too bad that you aren't keen on it - looks nice on your "doll" but it is a lot of fabric at the front - think I will steer clear of this as I have no great bust line to speak of. Thanks for a helpful review
JDpenelope said... (9/17/09 6:19 AM) Reply
This is a very helpful review, and your jacket does look fabulous on your form. I wouldn't want to try to alter it, since I don't have your talents in that area. But it makes me want to check out CJ's other patterns, since I am a D cup. Hope the top works better for you.
Lady_Mame said... (9/17/09 0:03 AM) Reply
It looks nice on the dummy, but I can see how it could be frump-i-fying. You did a beautiful job, regardless.
CarolynGM said... (9/16/09 7:54 PM) Reply
That does look like a lot of fabric to fill up in front. It is a lovely style though, and might look great on a tall person.
Ingiepops said... (9/16/09 6:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this, I have been eyeing this pattern for a while now. I also have the same issues with CJ patterns, I thought it was just me as everyone else says they fit perfectly with no adjustments. I always have to fiddle with them to fit my small bust.
Barbara3 said... (9/16/09 5:50 PM) Reply
How fortunate to have 2 reviews of this new pattern yesterday and today! I was encouraged to see the review by GlobalMom because she had made a size small and was happy with the fit. The photo of your jacket is very attractive, but you might be right about the ease in CJ tops - particularly in small sizes. I really like her pattern styles and own most of them, but my less than generous endowment has also made getting her patterns to fit a challenge.
diane s said... (9/16/09 5:50 PM) Reply
It looks good on your dressform!
Elona said... (9/16/09 5:41 PM) Reply
drsue, it will be interesting to see other reviews of this pattern. On CJ's website, the mannequin who models the sample garments appears to be a lissome six-footer, and most things look good on her. We need real bodies of all sizes!

by: Jonni Ange...