Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2009-124 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Vivienne

About Viviennestar
Member since: 6/29/04
Posted on:9/13/09 1:07 AM
Last Updated:9/20/09 8:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Vivienne said... (9/20/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Digs57 - I had originally intended to make this up in doubleknit before the wool stole my heart. I think a nice "Ponte" or Sophia type knit would be very suitable.
digs57 said... (9/20/09 9:34 PM) Reply
Great review, thanks! I love this dress' tech drawing in principle but I also fret about the slightly weird across-the-bust dart placement.... and the high funnel neck... and now you mention the overly wide shoulder "wings". And it clearly needs a CB vent. All in all, a bit of tweaking, eh? Do you think it would work in a very stable knit, like a doubleknit?
aimeejessica said... (9/18/09 11:37 AM) Reply
thanks for doing this review, i think i'll follow your lead on the interfacing. the dress looks gorgeous on the blog!
wzrdreams said... (9/14/09 2:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I've got this traced... I need to make a muslin to check the fit. I haven't picked fabric yet though.
Pinkytoo said... (9/13/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I was just thinking about making this one - and in gray! Love the pink lining!!
JennyAnne said... (9/13/09 9:04 AM) Reply
If you click the photo (or go to her blog), you can see the dress on a dressform. It looks great! This is the first patter I traced from the August issue, but I still haven't made it up. Your version is beautiful.
Kim12469 said... (9/13/09 8:58 AM) Reply
Very nice! I've had a muslin in process for awhile but put it on the back burner for the wardrobe contest. I really love your version and thanks for the great review.
cabinbaby said... (9/13/09 1:20 AM) Reply
Do we get to see a photo? I really liked this dress. All I can see right now is the line drawing.

by: SewWil