Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2603 (Misses Knit Top and Cardi-Wrap)

Reviewed by:loohoo44

About loohoo44star
Member since: 2/25/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:9/15/09 3:57 PM
Last Updated:9/15/09 4:05 PM

Sweetiebop said... (9/18/09 6:27 PM) Reply
Great cardi and I love the fabric.
CSM--Carla said... (9/18/09 5:23 PM) Reply
BE-YOU-TEE-FUL!!! So glad I read the full review that you had used your own sleeeve and back pieces. I want to go for the result you got! ELEGANT! I've taken notes and will work on this for my cardi. Thanks--wear with pride! Carla
AnitaJ said... (9/17/09 2:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful cardi-wrap! That fabric looks so luxurious and I really like that shell stitch finish.
Paris75008 said... (9/16/09 5:49 AM) Reply
Wow, shell stitching. I was considering this as a way of finishing off knits and now I'm convinced. The result is spectacular on your cardi. Lovely top, lovely fabric and thanks for the great review.
o3b said... (9/16/09 4:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for the shell stitching idea!! I also like your wearing idea for using a belt as I hadn't seen that one.
roxierocks said... (9/16/09 3:32 AM) Reply
This looks EXACTLY like mine that I got at Anthropologie in NYC last winter. It's my fav sweater and I am looking to make a black one. So on that note, thanks thanks thanks. I will be making this and now I shall check Emma One Sock for fabric. Beautiful. Thanks again.
Barbara V said... (9/15/09 10:06 PM) Reply
Your wrap looks beautiful. The fabric is gorgeous and your alterations and especially edge finish make it really special.
JDpenelope said... (9/15/09 9:19 PM) Reply
The shell stitch! Yes!!!!! I'd forgotten this, and it does leave a nice edge. Yours turned out beautifully and the fabric is indeed luscious.
CarolynGM said... (9/15/09 8:11 PM) Reply
It's lovely and your review is very helpful. My fabric for the short version came today; I plan to try your edge finish.
sewbehind said... (9/15/09 6:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for your very helpful review. I love the changes you've made and the fabric does look very nice. Even the camera knows good fabric!
homejewel said... (9/15/09 4:43 PM) Reply
Wow - it looks fantastic. It's nice to see this in a heavier weight. Thanks for your detailed review.
Athene said... (9/15/09 4:38 PM) Reply
Great results. I love your shell stitch finish and thank you for the tip about the sleeve cap ease.
geeklite said... (9/15/09 4:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting this review. I was wondering what the shorter version would look like. Yours looks great!