Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5525 (Lined Jacket Contest 2009)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:9/29/09 5:09 PM
Last Updated:9/30/09 7:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
MrsCharisma said... (1/20/14 11:56 AM) Reply
WOW! Amazing. Absolutely amazing coat!
BMH said... (4/8/11 9:20 PM) Reply
I'm just getting around to making this, and your review is worthy it's weight in gold. The coat turned out beautifully, and the photos are such fun. I hope your daughter is still enjoying her beautiful coat.
Aunt Gail said... (10/20/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Outstanding detailed review. And the main pix was a show stopper. Hugs from a new transplant to the Pacific NW
Terri A said... (10/13/09 10:01 PM) Reply
Thanks Deepika!!! It was fun.
Deepika said... (10/13/09 12:21 PM) Reply
wow, how did I miss this before? Gorgeous coat and I love your photo shoot!!!!!
AnneM said... (10/3/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Your review is worth reading just for your pictures!!! Very cute. Congrats on the coat; looks great. (Hate to break it to you, but some buttons are even more expensive than those.)
Sheila457 said... (10/1/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Annnnd the award goes to you... you did a phenomenal job... loooove the coat and the pictures a great.
gatorgirl4325 said... (10/1/09 1:36 PM) Reply
Wow! Great coat and I know your daughter will enjoy it for many years to come.
carolynw said... (10/1/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Absolutely lovely - lucky daughter!! Beautiful photos and a very helpful review
sew obsessed said... (9/30/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Just great! Love the end results you did a wonderful job. Thanks for all the constuction details.
Raye Ann said... (9/30/09 11:26 PM) Reply
how fantastic! i love this coat! and trust me- your daughter will remember everything that you have sewn for her. i remember all of the times when my mom and i designed stuff together and she sewed for me.... many formal dresses and lots of other stuff, too. now i sew, too, and we share the passion even though she no longer sews clothing. trust me... she will remember and appreciate. they are sweet mommy/daughter memories.
Byrdie said... (9/30/09 7:41 PM) Reply
OMG- she looks fabulous! You did a great job at the construction!
quathy said... (9/30/09 7:05 PM) Reply
Great coat! I adore this photo - it reminds me of the burda models!
Terri A said... (9/30/09 7:05 PM) Reply
I thought I had a close-up posted.. I will add one thanks:-)
bitofagypsy said... (9/30/09 6:59 PM) Reply
The coat look fantastic. I would love to see it on a dress form close up, it looks like there are a lot of details that don't show up in the photo's
stretch queen said... (9/30/09 2:33 PM) Reply
Wow not only is this a fantastically detailed review, the photos rock!!!! The coat is beautiful and you should be really proud. Time to give yourself the advance designation :)
TanyaMT said... (9/30/09 11:30 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat, and wonderful review! She looks fabulous in it, and very happy with it.
senaSews said... (9/30/09 11:15 AM) Reply
Awesome coat and what a fun pictures!
Terri A said... (9/30/09 11:13 AM) Reply
Yes, it is the museum of glass. In one of the pictures the fountain sprayed water on my daughter suddenly:-) She really did jump! Haha!
MaryDB said... (9/30/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Really wonderful job on the coat - looks great! Nice setting for photos at the Museum of Glass, too.
Terri A said... (9/30/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Thank you. I am so surprised about all the comments! Thanks so much. Just as a side note, the error on the yoke was first mentioned by Erica B in her review of this pattern (I think) I added a link to her review above. That is what's so great about PR is I can find out what other people have noticed about the pattern before I even begin. Love it!
Kellie R. said... (9/30/09 10:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat! I have this pattern and appreciate your informative review and heads up about the yoke piece error.
Sic said... (9/30/09 8:34 AM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous coat! All of your detail work really shows through in the final product. Also, your photos kind of look like they are from a BWOF magazine - nice work!
Heatherrique said... (9/30/09 3:51 AM) Reply
Amazingly beautiful coat! I adore the action pics and thank you so much for your construction details. You are truly an inspiration!
Clareew said... (9/30/09 3:42 AM) Reply
Absolutely wonderful. What a lucky girl.
yorkshire lass said... (9/30/09 3:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat and wonderful workmanship. Your daughter is so lucky to have this fantastic coat. Love the photo shoot, I bet it was loads of fun to do.
Terri A said... (9/30/09 2:16 AM) Reply
Thanks I appreciate the supportive comments and - yeah- I just had to do the photo shoot:-) heehee it was fun:-) I think she will always remember it. Maybe someday she will sew and remember these times and about me making her stuff. I sure hope so.
Lori V said... (9/29/09 11:31 PM) Reply
Fantastic coat and what fun pictures.
loti said... (9/29/09 11:27 PM) Reply
Great coat, there's a lot of work in that topstitching and lining. And DD wears it well!
Nancy K said... (9/29/09 10:22 PM) Reply
Great coat! Love your photos too.
ladylola said... (9/29/09 9:59 PM) Reply
Love the coat! And the pictures!
Lili123 said... (9/29/09 9:07 PM) Reply
very nice coat, it looks great on your daughter.
Athene said... (9/29/09 6:06 PM) Reply
This is such a great coat and I love the backdrop for all the outdoor pictures. Your daughter is very lucky.
laranoelle said... (9/29/09 6:05 PM) Reply
Wow! Great job. I love this coat!!!
nancy2001 said... (9/29/09 6:10 AM) Reply
This looks great.
Heatherrique said... (9/27/09 10:14 AM) Reply
So far, wow, Terri! Keep us posted!
Terri A said... (9/26/09 11:54 PM) Reply
Thanks haha - I really need to get it DONE! What 4 days left now or something? Goodness!
sew obsessed said... (9/26/09 10:02 PM) Reply
Cool new picture:-) Coat is coming along well.
nancy2001 said... (9/24/09 7:13 PM) Reply
Your jacket is coming along nicely.
sew obsessed said... (9/23/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Looks beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished coat.
nancy2001 said... (9/18/09 9:55 AM) Reply
This is a great looking pattern, and you've made a wonderful start. I can't wait to see it when it's done.
waltzqueen said... (9/17/09 2:54 PM) Reply
I can't wait to see the final coat! Thank you for all the hints and recommendations.
quixoticpixels said... (9/17/09 12:51 PM) Reply
Wow! Your daughter is lucky! I wish someone would sew such a fantastic coat for me :)

All About Linings