Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2603 (Misses Knit Top and Cardi-Wrap)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
WA USA
Member since: 2/9/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:9/16/09 3:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
abbe said... (11/5/09 11:02 AM) Reply
I can just picture you flinging as you go. Fun review...I want one of my very own.
Deepika said... (10/4/09 11:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love the color and glad someone else also made the shorter version. I still have to review mine.
kiddo said... (9/20/09 0:04 AM) Reply
Everything worked out superbly! Love the color!
Em's Summer said... (9/19/09 9:53 PM) Reply
MaryDB--This is soo pretty!
crystalwoods said... (9/19/09 2:06 AM) Reply
I love your cardi! I love your review too, I must stop denying myself and get this pattern too :)
Sweetiebop said... (9/18/09 6:20 PM) Reply
You should be glad you gave in to the temptation this is a beautiful cardi wrap in a wonderful color.
CSM--Carla said... (9/18/09 5:16 PM) Reply
HaHaHa! Love when the Universe aligns to delight us like this! Beautiful Result! Wear it and enjoy! Thanks for sharing. Mine is coming up! Carla
Heatherrique said... (9/18/09 9:06 AM) Reply
Superbly lovely style and color! Enjoy your new cardi!
JDpenelope said... (9/17/09 6:28 AM) Reply
Well, you sew faster than I do. (Most people do, I guess.) Great job and congratulations on getting your sewing goals met. I have the same idea -- to sew up this wrap or the Vogue version -- for my trip to London, coming up.
Sew tell me said... (9/17/09 6:14 AM) Reply
I just love this pattern and have my fabric all set to go!
AnitaJ said... (9/17/09 2:35 AM) Reply
Very pretty cardi! What a great fabric find too. Glad everything converged for you. :)
pammieh said... (9/17/09 1:16 AM) Reply
Love it!! Very encouraging that it took so little time for you to sew!
NurseByrd said... (9/16/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Your wrap is beautiful. I wish I had one onmy recent trip, since I refused to purchase a thin fleece blanket that the airline was selling. I will be ready for my next trip.
Raye Ann said... (9/16/09 11:54 AM) Reply
this is completely beautiful! i am so happy that you found time to finish it for your trip. mine is on the plan for when I return from vacation. i am also going to do the same version as you:)
ConnieBJ said... (9/16/09 10:34 AM) Reply
I will nap, and expect to have a wonderful time....and people will look at the wonderfully wrapped sleeping woman and think to themselves "where did she get that gorgeous wrap?!" Have a great time!
marec said... (9/16/09 10:06 AM) Reply
Fun review! Your eggplant cardi is TDF.
carolynw said... (9/16/09 8:43 AM) Reply
Another winner cardi and I just love your review - enjoy your vacation!!
Nancy Rhodes said... (9/16/09 8:29 AM) Reply
Looks fab... and what an enticing review. When you get back from travels tell us more about the $/lb GW shopping... Thanks! you will certainly enjoy wearing this one...
Gelbean said... (9/16/09 8:11 AM) Reply
Oh it is so pretty. I'll bet it will be so comfy on the plane! Aren't you glad you gave in to the temptation of joining the sew along?
Athene said... (9/16/09 4:18 AM) Reply
Fabulous - and ooh deep eggplant - that is one of my favorite colors.
yorkshire lass said... (9/16/09 3:21 AM) Reply
Oooh gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I love the colour. I am in the process of making one of these too, because I fell prey to cardi envy also. You did a great job on this.... enjoy wearing it... you can strut down the aisle on the plane like a supermodel, flinging your cardi over your shoulder as you turn.

by: petro