Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5201 (Sweater Set)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

About FreyaStarkstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/12/08
Posted on:9/17/09 1:31 AM
Last Updated:9/19/09 7:53 PM

Doris Stewart said... (9/21/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Excellent review - thank for taking the time to add the details. Someday I will make this pattern up - I'm just aging it at the moment.
carolynw said... (9/20/09 5:15 PM) Reply
I have never been too keen on this pattern until now when I see your beautiful top - I am in love with it so may just have to get the pattern !!
Kayseri said... (9/20/09 5:54 AM) Reply
This looks great.
ClaireEmily said... (9/20/09 0:45 AM) Reply
Your fabric is totally wild! What an original cardie - I love it!
Athene said... (9/19/09 10:43 PM) Reply
This a a very pretty cardigan. I love the leopard print. Thank you for the great close up photos of the facing. Very helpful.
renren said... (9/19/09 10:23 PM) Reply
(lol) Well, I thought bum-freezer originated in Australia, and I thought it odd because I dont' think of Australians as dealing with extremely cold temps. So glad to be set straight on that! Lovely cardigan, but based on your review, I'm sure I won't make it. I don't like shoulder pads and I don't like fussy facings and too much fiddling around to get things right. Yet I'm glad you reviewed it and hope you enjoy wearing it this fall and winter, and many more to come!
ryansmumAria said... (9/19/09 8:42 PM) Reply
I love it!!!
lizpalmer said... (9/19/09 8:19 PM) Reply
Fabulous - a great job, and wonderful fabric.
FreyaStark said... (9/19/09 6:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for all those encouraging comments. Sorry it's taken me so long to finish. Getting the front facings right was more difficult than expected so I've reworked the review extensively to discuss them, as requested. (A bum-freezer is a very short jacket, too short to keep your posterior warm. I've learned new words from PR, too.)
renren said... (9/19/09 5:32 AM) Reply
Aww, you are off to a great start. Love the fabric, too, and once for me I did the same thing: tried to save as a draft but it came out as a review. Plus there were no pictures and NO ONE commented!!! Not one comment because there was nothing to say. I just buried my head in the sand until it scrolled off the first page of the List. But this is already beautiful and it is going to be even more beautiful--I totally trust where you are going with this. Also, bum-freezer is a new term for me but I immediately get what it means! I know you will go into even more detail once you are finished . . . and I'll probably just have to comment again!
Mufffet said... (9/18/09 5:51 PM) Reply
Looks like a great start. :) WOW..that fabric!
grey ann said... (9/18/09 4:43 PM) Reply
Can you tell us how the center fronts and neckline are finished? Thanks
Woolygal said... (9/18/09 7:45 AM) Reply
Looking good, so far.
FreyaStark said... (9/18/09 3:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for your compliments, Tricia. The colours of my fabric are as you describe; my photo does not do them justice. If you bought your fabric as much as 3 years ago it probably is the same.
Tricia Plummer said... (9/18/09 2:32 AM) Reply
Is your fabric black on a white or gray background? (that's what my monitor shows but I'm never sure anymore because I think it's ready to go to cyber heaven!) I bought the same fabric from Sawyer Brook but mine in brown with a caramel or light tan background. I also made a sweater although mine is more of a sweater/jacket. I used Nancy Erickson's 1945C and put small snaps on the front. Your's is absolutely beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing the sweater completed. Great job!
FreyaStark said... (9/17/09 10:30 AM) Reply
Yes, the neck band, front facing, button holes and buttons still to go.
marec said... (9/17/09 9:26 AM) Reply
Pretty fabric-I look forward to seeing it complete. Do you have buttonholes left to do?

by: janelouise