Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3673

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

kathleencramer said... (10/12/09 8:03 PM) Reply
Nice job! Love the details on this pattern. Your finished product looks great in your photos.
lamstu said... (10/10/09 7:54 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress! Like eugenia123, I generally start one size down from the measurements for the big 4 companies. Vogue and Butterick mark the bust point, waist line, and hip with the finished measurements right on the pattern piece and I choose my size from that information. Good luck with future fitting.
Mufffet said... (10/10/09 2:35 PM) Reply
Didn't notice the "extra fabric" until you mentioned it! Really cute and nice fabric!
eugenia123 said... (10/10/09 12:44 PM) Reply
This is a really pretty dress and I love that vintage style. By the way - I have found that my starting point with any pattern from the Big 4 is always at least one size down from the one that the envelope tells me I should use!
Christas said... (10/9/09 10:27 PM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you! You did a very nice job. I have made this as a jumper a while back and really loved the vintage style.
Aixoise said... (10/9/09 8:39 PM) Reply
Looks to me as if you got the fit just right. In any case, you look adorable in your dress. Enjoy it!
hmw38 said... (10/9/09 5:38 PM) Reply
A tip I just got from the nice ladies over at Sew Retro was to add a crinoline. Look what a difference it makes in this dress http://sewretro.blogspot.com/2007/10/update-my-petticoat-arrived.html
digs57 said... (10/9/09 5:20 PM) Reply
Those are very useful tips - pin all those darts & measure the fit before size selection! That said, you look adorable in your new dress, and it looks like THE perfect summer frock.
smoody said... (10/9/09 4:52 PM) Reply
I think it looks great!
Jewelia14 said... (10/9/09 3:26 PM) Reply
The fabric you chose and the full skirt make this dress look so light and airy! It looks to me like you managed to achieve a really nice fit around the waist.

More Knits