Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5074 (Khaliah Ali easy-to-sew)

Reviewed by:Cathy Loves Fabric

About Cathy Loves Fabricstar
Member since: 4/16/04
Posted on:9/20/09 2:07 AM
Last Updated:9/20/09 2:20 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Sherril Miller said... (4/24/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Cathy, somehow I missed this review. You look terrific in that top. I love the wild side of you.
alviana said... (9/29/09 11:00 AM) Reply
beautiful top. u look great. love the printed fabric. the sleeve looks perfect. u did a very good job. great for fall look :)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/23/09 0:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the encouraging comments. You guys are really special!
Woolygal said... (9/22/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Boy, you really did a job on this one. Nice review.
DebJ said... (9/21/09 2:50 PM) Reply
This looks great on you and I like the bling! I must remember to do that myself. Good job on the replacement sleeves, they suit you very well. I think you should walk on the wild side more often!!
Danvillegirl said... (9/21/09 5:28 AM) Reply
I love the touch of bling!
o3b said... (9/21/09 2:00 AM) Reply
Your top looks great! I am loving the Khaliah Ali patterns, so your review is helpful. I *love* that you included "The Bling" as I have a hard time with creativity in that dept.
Sana said... (9/21/09 0:43 AM) Reply
Good call on the sleeves. I like yours much better than the originals.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (9/20/09 8:46 PM) Reply
I really like the top on you, Cathy. And I thank you for the review. You have put another pattern into my 'for consideration' pile.
cmarie12 said... (9/20/09 3:55 PM) Reply
I like how you added the black binding to the top! Very cute!
mssewcrazy said... (9/20/09 2:45 PM) Reply
I can relate to the picture thing-well spoken. Your top looks great on you. Animal prints are all over the mall in all size ranges ,so your walk on the wild side will be a very fashionable stroll.
RLL said... (9/20/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Love it! I agree that walking on the wild side is a good thing...we certainly need it sometimes. The FOE is brilliant to help any gaposis problems. I also feel your pain with the feeling 20 yrs younger and 50 lbs lighter until you see a pic of yourself. Boy do I feel that pain!
Darlene2001 said... (9/20/09 12:35 PM) Reply
Your top looks great on you. It's fun to go out of our comfort zone sometimes, especially when it pays off like yours did.
moushka said... (9/20/09 10:06 AM) Reply
Terrific top, Cathy. Love the FOE and the bling. I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it.
eugenia123 said... (9/20/09 10:04 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous, I love that fabric and the crystals on the neckline are an inspired touch that make this top something really special.
Rebecca D said... (9/20/09 9:22 AM) Reply
The leopard print looks fantastic on you and I love the bling on the neckline.
moonchild61 said... (9/20/09 8:47 AM) Reply
Well, meow, don't you look just stunning! I hadn't wanted to check out this pattern; but, now I believe I will! Excellent job!
bell N said... (9/20/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Leopard is one of the big fall trends. I usually think I will like Khaliah Ali patterns, but they just don't seem to fit me well. This one looks great on you.
renren said... (9/20/09 5:58 AM) Reply
Listen, in lieu of actually being 20 years younger and 50 lbs. lighter, I would take feeling 20 years younger and 50 lbs lighter any day!!! That's a good thing. Now, this top is really smashingly good looking on you, and the picot foldover elastic edging and crystals are just the perfect touch, so thanks for that close up. Very nice!
Kayseri said... (9/20/09 5:42 AM) Reply
Very nice, and well fitting.
FreyaStark said... (9/20/09 3:49 AM) Reply
A nice top. There's nothing like a walk on the wild side sometimes.
lyndle said... (9/20/09 2:13 AM) Reply
Love the black edging and the bling. This top suits you!

Contest Mini Wardrobe 2013

by: Aroura

Favorite Things The Nappies Pattern

Favorite Things The Nappies Pattern

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)