Pattern Reviews> You Sew Girl> Make-Up Purse (Make-up Bag Kit)

Reviewed by:gdgtmma

About gdgtmmastar
NM USA
Member since: 4/16/09
Posted on:9/20/09 9:59 AM
Last Updated:10/12/09 9:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
gdgtmma said... (12/15/12 2:50 PM) Reply
Thank you Holmar!
Holmar said... (11/29/12 7:55 AM) Reply
This cute bag with embroidery/embellishments is such a great gift idea...thank you so much for the great review...I love the bags you made!
AmandaW said... (12/18/09 3:14 PM) Reply
Your makeup purses look really great, what a lovely idea for gifts.
LeahT said... (11/9/09 1:46 PM) Reply
Cute purses! And what a great way to use all those fancy machine stitches many of us never seem to use. I've been directing a few people to your review when I hear "I've got this fancy machine and all I ever seem to use is straight or zig zag stitch..." Such a fun idea and one I'll have to try out myself.
JDpenelope said... (10/10/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for your inspiring review--Somehow I missed it. I have this pattern and kit. It's late -- But if anyone reading now wants to buy from this company in Australia, do not hesitate. The service is very good and shipping very reasonable and speedy. I hope to achieve results as beautiful as yours --or at least close -- I probably won't take the time you have to apply some sensational designs. Life has intruded, but I hope to make Christmas presents from this pattern.
gdgtmma said... (9/20/09 9:07 PM) Reply
The patterns/website is from Australia, so the prices will be a little lower than listed for US dollars (about .87 to the dollar). The zippers for these bags are a great price. I ordered 4 white & 4 black in the 20cm (8-9") and have used most of them already. They are nylon. The shorter ones are metal and seem very sturdy.
Peggy said... (9/20/09 8:22 PM) Reply
I googled her name and found her website. She has some great patterns and supplies.
Peggy said... (9/20/09 7:20 PM) Reply
These are such great bags...Do you have a website for her patterns? Thanks
Sew4Fun said... (9/20/09 7:15 PM) Reply
I love your make-up bags with the embroidery. What a great gift idea! For me it was the last two photo links that didn't work. The others worked.
gdgtmma said... (9/20/09 6:24 PM) Reply
Can someone tell me which link(s) is not working? Deisgn gallery link, link/picture I posted at top of this page, and/or added links?? Thank you. (I just edited page and tried something else (in the first picture). It was working for me, but I did see a message saying "no file selected". Let's see if it works now. If so, I have one more picture to add.
Meredith P said... (9/20/09 4:34 PM) Reply
Nice bags. I'd love to see the blue one larger. Link is not working.
j222b said... (9/20/09 1:50 PM) Reply
Project photo when clicked does not come up. Nice bags, especially your embroidery.
JEF said... (9/20/09 10:12 AM) Reply
You really turned a simple bag into a work of art - great embellishment. Very pretty and creative.

Pamela's Patterns Magic Pencil Skirt Pattern