Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5362 (Misses petite dress)

Reviewed by:Therisa

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

nettiegirl56 said... (7/2/11 10:51 AM) Reply
I so wish I had read your review before making this dress...I too wasted good fabric on this pattern...Ive totally cut and changed the dress till its now a sheath style with a waistcoat. The pattern runs large to start with..but even so it uses more fabric than you can afford to waste. I think the only person that would look great on is a skinny super model. Thank you for your honest review, its a cute looking pattern but turns out nothing like you are hoping for.
fryman said... (9/22/09 5:30 PM) Reply
Hoefully you can recycle the fabric into anoth garmet. . .perhaps a childs dress? Awful lines in the pattern. Thanks for being so direct.
Mom to 5 said... (9/22/09 3:12 PM) Reply
thanks for the review... I actually think I can use this for my liturgical dance routines....
jilly cooper said... (9/22/09 2:51 AM) Reply
mars418 said... (9/21/09 9:09 PM) Reply
Therisa, hopefully you can re-use the fabric at some point. thanks for the review!
mary in FL said... (9/21/09 9:07 PM) Reply
I hope you can repurpose that nice fabric and at least get a skirt out of it.
Melody said... (9/21/09 8:19 PM) Reply
Thanks Therisa, for the review. I'm glad you finished it, I hated to see it go to waste. You know what I noticed about this dress, the drape and ties are lower than they are on the pattern drawing which places the wrap too low on the hip.
marec said... (9/21/09 3:59 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I'm intrigued by this pattern and would love to try it for next spring/summer but will likely pass on it now.
MaryBeth said... (9/21/09 2:55 PM) Reply
You're far too hip looking for this dress. I love that we get a review of Melody's linen and a good warning about a bad pattern all in one. Thanks for taking the time.
sewtime said... (9/21/09 2:41 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review!
psm484 said... (9/21/09 1:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. That pattern is so cute in the book. Sorry you wasted such pretty fabric on it. Hope you can salvage it for a top or something Pam

Kwik Sew 3455