Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2449 (crossover top)

Reviewed by:becca a

Posted on:9/22/09 10:47 PM
Last Updated:9/27/09 5:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Calendria said... (7/28/12 2:53 AM) Reply
nice top! thanx for the review.
Sweetiebop said... (10/3/09 1:08 AM) Reply
You look great in this top.
nancy2001 said... (9/24/09 7:15 PM) Reply
Good luck with the next version, Becca. I think it's going to turn out very well.
becca a said... (9/24/09 8:01 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your helpful advice and kind comments. Nancy 2001, I just read your review, and it is full of helpful advice. I think next time I will raise the V, use binding all the way around the neck and try a wider back as well as a heavier fabric.
Terri A said... (9/23/09 10:56 AM) Reply
Barbara V said... (9/23/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Pretty top and color on you and great fit!
nancy2001 said... (9/23/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Becca, I think you've made a very promising start with your tee shirt, and I think you can get the fit you're after with some tweaking. I sewed this pattern last year, and since you and I are roughly the same size, you might want to look at my review. Incidentally, I have some of the Vera Wang poly/lycra you referred to, and your fabric doesn't look like poly/lycra, but it might be a rayon/lycra. The next time you sew this pattern, you might want to consider a fabric that has more body.
Frozzy said... (9/23/09 8:42 AM) Reply
Great color and style of top for you, it looks great! Not an expert, but it looks like the back wrinkles show stress from being stretched too far, so the back needs to be wider. With that soft of fabric, it seems like it needs more room to not cling? Thanks for reviewing this, reminds me how much I want this pattern!
Auntie Allyn said... (9/23/09 8:38 AM) Reply
It's a winner! Looks great on you!
Karine said... (9/23/09 7:18 AM) Reply
I love this pattern, too. Your top is very flattering. I think a larger back would get rid of those wrinkles.
pammieh said... (9/23/09 2:32 AM) Reply
Great job!!
michalklimer said... (9/22/09 11:37 PM) Reply
great top! Thanks for the review...
mhk3boys said... (9/22/09 10:50 PM) Reply
Your top looks so good! I love the color!