Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5678 (mccalls accessories)

Reviewed by:Darlamommy

About Darlamommy
TX USA
Member since: 5/17/09
Posted on:9/23/09 0:06 AM
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

MagnoliaHoney said... (8/10/11 6:59 PM) Reply
oops double posted.
MagnoliaHoney said... (8/10/11 6:59 PM) Reply
I was wondering is any of the fleece exposed, or is it all sandwiched in the fashion fabric? Where exactly is the fleece used in this design? Thanks! BTW, love yours! My husband lost mine putting it in storage, and now I have a new baby coming, and I can't afford another baby hawk! So going to give this pattern a go.
fryman said... (9/25/09 12:43 PM) Reply
some things never go out of style like babies and being a mom. I also made a carrier similar to this one - - 35 years ago! Of course, your baby is beautiful.
ClaireEmily said... (9/23/09 7:15 PM) Reply
I love your baby carrier - the print is gorgeous. Thanks for the very helpful review!
Darlamommy said... (9/23/09 5:28 PM) Reply
I would go crazy if I didn't sew, even with a 4-month old. Plus I have 3 older kids so it's been way easier to get a routine down by now. Anyhoo, I agree that you need to use a sturdy fabric, but the whole thing is interfaced with fleece, sometimes multiple layers of it. It's really this that gives the carrier its strength and padding. So a lighter cotton (but not too light) would be pretty safe, I think. Where the top and middle pieces meet, I was sewing through two layers of fleece and four of upholstery-weight fabric. I almost couldn't get the layers under the presser foot, it was so much. In that case, it's not just difficult, it's almost impossible! I imagine it might be better with a better machine, but who knows.
Terri A said... (9/23/09 10:54 AM) Reply
I love that. Nice job.
lamstu said... (9/23/09 8:22 AM) Reply
It's great that you have time to sew with a 4-month old baby! I used baby slings and carriers for two kids and absolutely loved them, as did the babies. I think one would be advised to use a quite sturdy fabric for safety reasons, even if the sewing is difficult. Enjoy it all and thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention. Also, I absolutely love your fabric.

by: sewingdiet

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)