Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2101 (Bra and Garter Belt)

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

About Sew it seamsstarstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Posted on:2/1/04 5:35 PM
Last Updated:2/1/04 7:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
Delbert said... (9/12/06 2:44 PM) Reply
ai didn't realize you could sew anything at all.
Sew'n'go said... (5/17/05 11:21 AM) Reply
Great detailing on this review. Thanks for all the construction tips and comments. You've made this pattern seem very do-able.
KathleenS said... (1/18/05 4:28 AM) Reply
I've just seen this review by chance. Great work on the bra! and thanks for the tip about fitting the cups as I'll have to do this with my next one. Maggie looks very cold though brrrr.
Nancy Peters said... (11/6/04 11:20 PM) Reply
Debe, it is amazing that bras look so intimidating to make. Like you I found it very easy. But as for fit...well that is a different story. I finally found a style of bra that actually fit! I, too, have a problem with the center front standing away from my body. One day I decided to wander in to Victoria's Secret. Then the sales lady talked me into trying on an underwire bra (which I hate) It is called something like the Body Bra. It was the best fit I have ever had in a bra. My breasts sit wide on my chest. The underwires are almost wide enough and the center panel is wide enough. Which allowed it to sit against my chest. Now to copy it. Thanks for your review and tips on fiberfill. My VS bra has a thin nylon tricot cup that I would like to make firmer. This will help considerably.
Sew it seams said... (2/3/04 10:11 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments. I would really like to encourage those of you who said you are intimidated to go ahead and try. Now that I have made my first one, every time I put it on, I can see just where I can make changes to improve the fit. It looks much better on "Maggie". Trust me.
JDpenelope said... (2/2/04 7:01 PM) Reply
The photo is a hoot! Maggie is a bit intimidating, for sure. The other night on What Not To Wear, the guest/victim bought a $90 bra! If I had to pay $90, I'd make one, too! Until then, I'm too intimidated!
Deepika said... (2/2/04 7:18 AM) Reply
Debe you did such a great job on your bra. I think I have this pattern and the findings but I am too intimidated by it. Thanks for the tip on adding fusible fleece.
mClones said... (2/1/04 7:25 PM) Reply
I have an Elan pattern and everything I need for 1/2 year now already. But I too am intimidated. Your review is encouraging.
Dale C said... (2/1/04 7:10 PM) Reply
Wow. That's impressive for a first attempt Debe. Once you get the fit perfected, you'll have some really great bras!
Sew it seams said... (2/1/04 6:15 PM) Reply
Thanks MaryBeth, for confirming my thoughts of where I should start when altering my pattern. I used underwires from an old bra instead of the wires that I got in my kit because they were way too big. Yep, back to the drawing table!
MaryBeth said... (2/1/04 6:11 PM) Reply
Brrrrr, poor Maggie! Beautiful bra, though Debe. I've not perfected my bra but I understand that if the front band is away from the body the cups are too small and you need a wider wire. You have my admiration on doing this job.

by: Sandi S

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB322

by: SewLibra

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Acrylic Base In 5 Sizes