Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2501 (Womens Blouses)

Reviewed by:ALY

About ALYstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 2/21/03
Posted on:9/24/09 9:13 AM

chucklehead said... (7/15/10 7:29 PM) Reply
Your photos are fantastic. What a regal & lovely lady! Like the dresses on your site as well.
Kay Y said... (9/25/09 8:26 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous on you! I had not noticed this pattern before, but it has several very nice features.
KiwiWendy said... (9/25/09 8:19 PM) Reply
thanks for you review, I love this on you. So nice to see fancier (ie not plain) sleeves being used.
sewnsewtoo said... (9/25/09 3:41 PM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse. Thanks for the review.
susiestitcher said... (9/25/09 8:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing this beautiful blouse. I never noticed it before. I love the way the peplum is not so stylized as some and really does look "gentle" and natural. You look great in it, so I am inspired to try something like this, as well. I don't have the best luck with tucked in blouses. Your version is lovely.
Jali said... (9/25/09 7:18 AM) Reply
I too wouldn't have noticed this pattern without your review. The sleeve looks really beautiful on.
BillieJean said... (9/25/09 5:52 AM) Reply
I love this! The inset waistband does give this a very polished and ladylike look that is so feminine. Love it on you!
SusiM said... (9/25/09 1:30 AM) Reply
What an absolutely beautiful blouse! I love the pretty sleeves. They are so unique! You looked stunning in it. Thank you for reviewing this pattern, I have never noticed it before.
Lori V said... (9/24/09 11:52 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty blouse and it looks fantastic on you.
FreyaStark said... (9/24/09 8:11 PM) Reply
A lovely blouse with a dainty, old-fashioned character. I thought it was a vintage pattern when I first saw your photo!
jannw said... (9/24/09 8:04 PM) Reply
love those sleeves..this blouse looks so good on you..beautiful job
Judy Wentz said... (9/24/09 7:49 PM) Reply
very very pretty
frame said... (9/24/09 3:29 PM) Reply
Your blouse is so pretty and looks very nice on you.
meli88a said... (9/24/09 1:27 PM) Reply
This is such a sweet blouse - the sleeve detail really makes it special.
Paris75008 said... (9/24/09 12:51 PM) Reply
What a sweet little blouse. Looks adorable on you.
Barbara V said... (9/24/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! This is such a pretty style and looks lovely on you. I really like the fitted waist band and close fitting peplum. Gotta get this pattern too!
nellc said... (9/24/09 12:30 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty blouse, I love the sleeve detail and your fabric is lovely.
sewbehind said... (9/24/09 11:58 AM) Reply
The blouse looks lovely on you. I love the sleeve detail and you look very elegant in this.
Andreahg said... (9/24/09 10:52 AM) Reply
This blouse definitely looks better on you than me. Your taller, slimmer frame seems much more suited to it. This is very lovely on you.
heathercampbell29 said... (9/24/09 10:43 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful. I'm definitely getting this pattern. I love the patterns that come with cup sizes! thanks for the review.
marec said... (9/24/09 10:20 AM) Reply
Your blouse is so very nice and the color, the fabric and the waist band, sleeves and ruching all make it special.
RachelEsq said... (9/24/09 10:05 AM) Reply
You look stunning in this blouse! I like the fabric and color you chose (looks great with your grey trousers, too). Beautiful! I'm trying to add some tops to my wardrobe, too.
Rustybobn said... (9/24/09 9:47 AM) Reply
That is gorgeous! I just bought this pattern a week ago and love it. Thanks for sharing.
Amanda S. said... (9/24/09 9:30 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse on you! I too like blouses with defined waists that can be worn untucked. This is definitely on my growing list of garments to make.
Shari B said... (9/24/09 9:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! looks wonderful on you

by: valgal