Pattern Reviews> La Mia Boutique Magazine> 09-2008-8 (Tunic)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07
Posted on:11/28/09 11:04 PM

Other Projects by Twinset using this Pattern

Marie Norway said... (1/27/10 3:03 AM) Reply
Lovely tunic. I have that fabric too - and I also wish I bought more of it!
loti said... (12/13/09 10:22 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you sorted out your tunic, I was silently agonizing with you over the mishap. Great Tunic!
Patzee said... (11/29/09 5:35 PM) Reply
Fabulous review and a fabulous tunic!
sew2little said... (11/29/09 5:24 PM) Reply
What a great story and a fabulous top!
carolynw said... (11/29/09 9:52 AM) Reply
It's so beautiful and I am so glad some very kind person came to your aid after the mishap with your doggie (cute one). EOS has come to my rescue before when by careless thinking/working I cut the same piece twice - expensive fabric and I thought all was lost but after a desperate plea to Linda - ta da - a small piece was discovered that finished the top
CarolynGM said... (11/29/09 9:46 AM) Reply
Lovely print and wonderful fit.
CTBarb said... (11/29/09 8:48 AM) Reply
Ooooo.. this pattern, this fabric and you were made for each other. Just a super tunic!
Catbird said... (11/29/09 8:37 AM) Reply
Astounding! You and Italian style are made for each other. I am blown away that you went through the struggles you did with this and still turned out one of the most beautiful things I've seen you wear. The fit hugs you without being clingy, and it seems to me the decision to leave out the shirred part of the underband was a smart one. The curved hem is brilliant too. That fabric couldn't be more perfect for this and I love the drape of it above the wrist. And I'm so glad a sewing angel was standing by to help you when your gorgeous but naughty dog ate part of your project!
BillieJean said... (11/29/09 7:15 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. I love this fabric.
quixoticpixels said... (11/29/09 2:16 AM) Reply
*swoon* I totally love this top. I'm so glad you were able to finish it!
Morisot said... (11/29/09 1:53 AM) Reply
I looked at the review because I loved your picture of the tunic. The fabric and design are striking and you look very nice in it. I had to wince at your story--I just had to throw out a buttery-soft, cocoa brown blouse in a silky knit that I was so excited about how it was turning out. I was almost done, had just finished the button holes; the only thing left was to sew on the buttons. I snipped the threads on one of the button holes and the tips of the scissors caught a fold of the front of the blouse-- leaving a gaping bird's-beak hole! I tried a small patch--ugh. The location didn't work for a pocket to cover it. Not enough fabric to recut one whole side. No more at the store where I bought it. Tried a clever inset on both sides of the front--but it didn't work out. Did I kick myself, doh. Very glad you were able to rescue yours!
marec said... (11/29/09 0:41 AM) Reply
What beautiful fabric and perfect for this tunic. I love the story you told about your bored dog as I have 2 of those also.
Lori V said... (11/28/09 11:32 PM) Reply
Your tunic is stunning, so happy you were able to get a piece to recut the bodice.

by: ssssdeb