Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2009-17 (Salma Boiled Wool Coat)

Reviewed by:sarahinlafayette

About sarahinlafayettestar
Member since: 7/17/08
Posted on:9/25/09 3:29 PM
Last Updated:1/4/10 7:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
OP Gal said... (10/20/14 5:37 PM) Reply
You did a great job. I'm encouraged to use this pattern for my boiled wool. Thanks for a good review.
Michele Lommasson said... (1/4/10 9:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. The coat looks wonderful! Apparently you have the same qualms I have about the skirt of the coat eventually hanging unevenly. Your conclusion that is won't be a problem is great. You're right! It can just be trimmed. I may have to go ahead and make it after all. Thanks.
Athene said... (1/4/10 7:41 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful coat.
Mbarkle said... (10/26/09 10:55 AM) Reply
This looks so pretty. Great color. My next project is to make it out of a lime green wool. Thanks for sharing your impressions, they are making me feel more confident about cutting into my piece of wool!
sew obsessed said... (9/27/09 11:20 PM) Reply
What a statement piece! Just beautiful..........I'm familiar with Stonemountain and Daughters-been there a time or two and spent $$$$$. What a fabulous store. The buttons, OMG.......
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/26/09 10:33 PM) Reply
Very nice looking coat - love the color!
Catbird said... (9/26/09 9:13 PM) Reply
I really like this coat -- love the simple lines subtly emphasized by the lapped seams. The color is outstanding!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (9/26/09 2:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat, beautiful fabric, beautiful color.
quixoticpixels said... (9/25/09 11:06 PM) Reply
Your coat is gorgeous! Well done!
Sew4Fun said... (9/25/09 9:26 PM) Reply
Nice coat and thanks so much for the helpful review!
sewtime said... (9/25/09 5:21 PM) Reply
You now have a beautiful coat!!! (and you made it!)
Karen6790 said... (9/25/09 4:54 PM) Reply
I was looking at that pattern - I love Ottobre. You got a great result with it, and I'll take your word on the color, don't you hate it when the camera doesn't cooperate? Magenta or deep red, it's beautiful either way.
Jacqui315 said... (9/25/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review! I'm planning to make this out of some thick wool flannel. I absolutely love your color choice!
Andreahg said... (9/25/09 4:45 PM) Reply
Your coat is stunning! The simple lines allow you to focus on the beautiful color.
sarahinlafayette said... (9/25/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Thanks, all for your comments. I have corrected the pattern number. This coat is part of the wardrobe contest, and I'll do one big photo shoot with me wearing all the pieces as soon as they're done. The boiled wool came from Stonemountain and Daughters in Berkeley, CA. They have more than a dozen colors at prices ranging from $20 to $30 a yard.
sarahinlafayette said... (9/25/09 4:29 PM) Reply
artkat said... (9/25/09 4:12 PM) Reply
Great coat and I love the colour. However the patter number is wrong - shouldn't it be 2009, not 2008
Johsews said... (9/25/09 4:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Please add some pictures of it on you, and tell us where you got the boiled wool. Everyone on the Yahoo Ottobre list is looking for some!
Mufffet said... (9/25/09 3:35 PM) Reply
LOVELY! Love the color...looks very elegant.

Favorite Things The Wrap Dress Pattern