Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8605 (Misses' Jacket, Skirt, Pants)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Heatherrique said... (10/26/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Those are sleek looking pants, IT! I like that it accentuates your long legs. The width of the pants are wonderful: not too narrow nor wide, just right. I hope you continue to use this pattern and make it your TNT. Good pants patterns are hard to come by.
marec said... (10/26/09 8:11 PM) Reply
I really like those pants with the front seam. They look sharp with the vest and tee.
lmg said... (10/26/09 12:49 PM) Reply
I totally disregarded the pants on this pattern since the jacket would not be good for me. A really cool pattern and the width of the pants are perfect. BTW if you have any other symptoms (nausea, fatigue, rash etc) with unexplained weight loss get it checked out with your doc.
Terri K said... (10/8/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I also bought this pattern, but only for the jacket for some novelty fleece in the stash. I appreciate the information on the sizing.
moushka said... (9/27/09 12:55 PM) Reply
The idea of the close-fitting bottoms and loose tops is just a reflection of current fashion thinking which dictates large volume over skinny, or vice versa, not all pieces either tight or loose. Whether it works on anyone but stick thin models is questionable! Great review of a very interesting pattern. I think the jacket has some good possibilities, too.
Patti B said... (9/27/09 8:11 AM) Reply
I can see why you were drawn to the skirt and pants patterns -- very nice. The jacket styling is a challenge; would it be better in a lightweight linen? Helpful review.
Annette1 said... (9/27/09 0:07 AM) Reply
Great review, as always! It sounds to me like a person would have to buy this one in TWO sizes, but it may well be worth it for those pants/skirt with the nice seaming. Even your "oversized" jacket looks very nice and has some interesting details.
carolynw said... (9/26/09 4:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for such a great review - you do have to wonder why the pants and skirt would be such a snug fit and the jacket so over-sized. Great thinking on Vogue's part as we will all likely need both size range - as said - great review and if I do get this pattern will certainly refer to it
EleanorSews said... (9/26/09 3:32 PM) Reply
Thank you for such a thorough review. You sure addressed a lot of issues with this pattern. Also, it's a pattern I have somehow missed but the styling of the pants and skirt are quite interesting. My guess is that if you wanted to make this as a mini wardrobe, many of us would want both sizes. Now, when is the next Vogue pattern sale at JoAnns?
Athene said... (9/26/09 3:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I have been interested in this pattern. I do like the jacket, but its frustrating when there is so much difference between the various garments in sizing - I guess its one way Vogue gets us to buy 2 patterns instead of one.

by: chesneykat