Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8146 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Reviewed by:Jolet

About Joletstar
Member since: 9/17/02
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:9/27/09 7:50 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Coat/Jacket
Gendun said... (3/20/12 5:44 PM) Reply
Sharp! Love the buttons on the blue.
Katharine in BXL said... (1/1/11 3:51 PM) Reply
Heel mooi--very pretty
girlinthesea said... (8/5/10 6:50 AM) Reply
It's gorgeous, and I just adore the fabric!
rozzybabe said... (12/10/09 12:25 PM) Reply
As always you do a meticulous job! You are a brilliant sewer. I'm curious as to how you lined the jacket; did you just duplicate the pieces for the fashion fabric?
said... (10/27/09 11:53 AM) Reply
Dear Jolet, I am a returning sewer, also living in the Utrecht area. That is the pattern that inspired me to get involved in sewing again after about 25 years. Your suit looks really beautiful, and what a wonderful fabric you found. The drawing of the pattern suggests a more structured back pleat - guess the choice of fabric makes all the difference. Thanks for the review, and I may well try this dress. --Vlier
fourkid said... (10/18/09 1:08 PM) Reply
Great outfit - I love the fabric with that pattern. Quite chic.
parisf said... (10/4/09 4:12 PM) Reply
Jolet It is me Sandra I wanted to see your dress before I see you on friday and tell you I like it very much. Nice to see blue again.
Beek said... (9/28/09 3:52 PM) Reply
Darling jacket/dress. I love your choice of fabric. Very stylish ensemble.
AileenP said... (9/28/09 1:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and jacket suit and I agree very elegant. I noticed that you took the time to place your pattern pieces to match up the fabric design. Not everyone does this, but it certainly makes a difference. Very well done! You mentioned about the high neckline, the next time you make it you could lower it or perhaps make it a different shape.
RachelEsq said... (9/28/09 11:17 AM) Reply
This is absolutely stunning. So classic, and I love the fabric you chose. The pieces could each be worn on their own, so I'm sure you'll get a ton of wear out of this. We're the same size! I usually make 12s, but am really a 10 on top and 14 in the hips.
MammaJamma said... (9/28/09 9:27 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you included the side picture view so I could see the way the print lined up between shoulder and back. I love to see what different looks prints can give us with an interesting layout. Also, I am nostalgic over your mention of the Utrecht market. I have been there, and have relatives in Zeist. Thanks for continuing to bring your side of the world to me.
Karine said... (9/28/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Stunning outfit! I would have lined it, too. From the pattern illustration, it looks like the back is huge, but your jacket hangs nicely with just the right amount of swing.
Woolygal said... (9/28/09 6:57 AM) Reply
Your outfit is beautiful. Exquisite sewing as usual.
Auntie Allyn said... (9/28/09 5:35 AM) Reply
Isn't this a great pattern?! Your version looks stunning!
Sewnsewmom said... (9/28/09 0:37 AM) Reply
Very nice!
Athene said... (9/27/09 2:36 PM) Reply
A lovely outfit. The jacket hangs so nicely at the back in the photos you showed.
Opals Passions said... (9/27/09 12:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit.. I love the fabric....
heathercampbell29 said... (9/27/09 11:10 AM) Reply
Wonderful - looks very Chanel to me. I'm sure you'll get a lot of wear out of that for years. It's classic.
Andreahg said... (9/27/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Lovely!
imsewcrazy said... (9/27/09 9:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful! The fabric is gorgeous! LOVE IT!!
carolynw said... (9/27/09 9:36 AM) Reply