Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5478

Member since: 12/10/07
Posted on:9/29/09 7:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 35 people

chucklehead said... (12/1/10 8:46 PM) Reply
SO beautiful! The piping is a great idea and looks fantastic.
ejvc said... (7/28/10 10:40 AM) Reply
I'm having trouble with the photos - they are all listed as private on Flickr. Too bad because I like the preview photo and your other jacket is TDF.
Lokken said... (1/1/10 8:14 PM) Reply
Absolutely love your details! Beautiful work.
salsera7 said... (11/23/09 5:58 AM) Reply
I'm making this jacket today and thought I might check here first. You did an absolutely wonderful job and it fits you very nicely. You are definitely one of the most professional seamstresses on PatternReview.
KathleenS said... (10/20/09 6:17 AM) Reply
This is very inspiring!
nancy2001 said... (10/12/09 5:24 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your win, Trisha. Your jacket is beautifully designed and constructed and reflects your artistic talents.
TanyaMT said... (10/3/09 6:15 PM) Reply
Very, very beautiful jacket that fits you nicely.
catwoman7 said... (10/3/09 11:00 AM) Reply
You're so talented, I can't imagine whipping this up in 2 days with all the alterations you made. Great job. The jacket looks gorgeous.
yorkshire lass said... (10/2/09 3:44 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful and a very helpful and thorough review. Thank you for the tip for the back of the bound buttonholes. Have you considered putting that in the tips section? (if it is there already I apologise... I did not see it when looking on Tuesday...can you guess I am doing bound buttonhole practices this week?)
MBPaz said... (10/1/09 2:07 PM) Reply
Haute Couture! Fabulous!
Athene said... (10/1/09 1:06 PM) Reply
Fabulous detailing - gorgeous jacket and lovely fit. Thank you for all the great photos of your work.
Re Becca said... (10/1/09 10:52 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Love the way you used the plaid. Such and inspiration!
Barbara V said... (10/1/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and workmanship. The use of ties for piping tip is great.
becca a said... (10/1/09 7:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! Thank you for the detailed review. It is very helpful
Danvillegirl said... (9/30/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely. I love how you used the plaid fabric. Great job!
Kayseri said... (9/30/09 6:21 PM) Reply
Lovely looking jacket and beautifully finished.
jent said... (9/30/09 5:40 PM) Reply
I just love your reviews - your work is inspiring and your sewing talent is extraordinary. Thanks!
RobinMCPA said... (9/30/09 4:02 PM) Reply
Looks great, and fits you perfectly! I loved your purple jacket at the ASE show - the model was right in front of me in line.
bebrown said... (9/30/09 4:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and beautifully made. Thanks for the great tip about using old ties from a thrift store for bias strips.
Rhoda K said... (9/30/09 3:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful and looks wonderful on you.
digs57 said... (9/30/09 1:42 PM) Reply
Congratulations on a very beautiful jacket, the details of your improvements, and suggestions for further ones, on the original pattern. Excellent work!
Jolet said... (9/30/09 11:39 AM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket!! Really stunning. Very interesting review. You've put so much effort in this jacket I hope you'll wear it with pride.
nancy2001 said... (9/30/09 11:33 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. It looks beautiful on you.
Kellie R. said... (9/30/09 10:05 AM) Reply
This is beautiful in every way: fabric, style, fit... I too love the collar and that you made real pockets. Great jacket!
carolynw said... (9/30/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Yiou could not buy this in RTW unless you were willing to part with $$$$ - this is just gorgeous - terrific attention to detail!!
Andreahg said... (9/30/09 9:15 AM) Reply
Your jacket is amazing! It's too bad this pattern is OOP.
Amanda S. said... (9/30/09 9:06 AM) Reply
It's gorgeous! I love all the details you included. Great tip on neckties - I'll definitely be using that trick. I also LOVE the bound button holes!
lynnewill said... (9/30/09 8:56 AM) Reply
Thank you for this well written review. I especially love the tip about using the ties. You do an excellent job of describing your techniques, clear and concise.
nancy2001 said... (9/30/09 8:23 AM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning. It looks lovely on you.
kittybishop said... (9/30/09 8:18 AM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket, I love the details and I have some very similiar buttons that I scored in a thrift shop. Now all you need is some driving gloves and you're good to go.
BillieJean said... (9/30/09 5:47 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful - all of it. I would put a long-sleeved turtleneck top under this and wear it all winter.
Michele19 said... (9/30/09 4:43 AM) Reply
All I can say is WOW! I love everything about your jacket, esp. the beautiful finishing details. Brava!
Heatherrique said... (9/30/09 3:50 AM) Reply
Exceptionally darling jacket! Thanks for a wonderful review!
Clareew said... (9/30/09 3:50 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket, brilliant review.
Sigrid. said... (9/30/09 3:13 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, love the very detailed finishing too. Thank you for reminding me that I have this pattern.
Sweetiebop said... (9/30/09 0:35 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket and great review.
lara900 said... (9/30/09 0:19 AM) Reply
very pretty jacket! -- I am in awe. and very thorough review.
elainemay said... (9/30/09 0:11 AM) Reply
I have always thought the picture on the envelope looked ridiculous and costume-y and I never considered buying it. But I've completely fallen for yours and now I've bought the pattern too! Amazing, beautiful work, gorgeous jacket. Hope mine turns out half as well!
Lori V said... (9/29/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Stunning.
Christas said... (9/29/09 10:10 PM) Reply
EXTREMELY cute jacket!!!
katlew03 said... (9/29/09 10:06 PM) Reply
Forgot one thing. I hope you are entering this in the lined jacket contest currently running.
katlew03 said... (9/29/09 10:04 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful jacket. The details are perfectly done. Great workmanship. Thanks for all the details.
susiestitcher said... (9/29/09 9:30 PM) Reply
This is so lovely! I love the rounded collar and the back pleats. How neat that you were able to use your antique buttons. They are perfect for this project. You have sewn a beautiful jacket!
cybermom said... (9/29/09 9:17 PM) Reply
I like this really cute. You did a great job!
Lili123 said... (9/29/09 8:58 PM) Reply
wow!!!your jacket is superb!!!
DaisyEsq said... (9/29/09 8:33 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
okie2thdoc said... (9/29/09 8:32 PM) Reply
Wonderful! It looks great and you did a fabulous job.
emcrorie said... (9/29/09 8:17 PM) Reply
amazing! you are inspiration to the rest of us :)
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (9/29/09 7:49 PM) Reply
Divine, absolutely beautiful and impeccable attention to detail. Enjoy your treasure!
AuntieShel said... (9/29/09 7:43 PM) Reply
Your jacket is absolutely stunning on you! Meticulous work. Thank you for the great review. Will have to see if I can still get this pattern.
quixoticpixels said... (9/29/09 7:33 PM) Reply