Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3693 (Cardigans)

Reviewed by:ksmith90

About ksmith90star
CA United States
Member since: 1/28/06
Posted on:9/29/09 10:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

sewmom3 said... (11/30/09 7:36 AM) Reply
I recently made this same view with a cheap sweater knit from the Walmart $1/yd section. I get lots of compliments on it. It has just the right amount of drape necessary for this pattern. I also added a back seam so I could do a little more shaping on the back to make it more fitted along with more side-seam shaping at the hips to accomodate my pear shape. Wonderful pattern! I think a microfleece with give the right amount of drape.
moushka said... (11/9/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Hope you try this again in the ponte. It looks wonderfully comfy and cozy, perfect for around the house. I think the ponte in a medium would give you the professional edge you're looking for, especially if you go for colour. Red, for example :)
Barbara V said... (10/1/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Lovely and cozy looking cardigan, perfect for winter.
Kayseri said... (9/30/09 6:05 PM) Reply
It may be loose and casual but I would go as far as frumpy. This looks like a great addition to your wardrobe.
Ripple Dandelion said... (9/30/09 7:02 AM) Reply
I really like it, and I think it looks much cuter in your version than the envelope picture. I have had that experience in KS as well--unsure what size and alterations to make only to discover I should have made a different size altogether.
lmg said... (9/29/09 11:36 PM) Reply
Yes, a definite keeper. Thanks for the review and the info on sizing. I hope you make a second one although this version looks awfully cozy.