Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3693 (Cardigans)

Reviewed by:ksmith90

About ksmith90star
Member since: 1/28/06
Posted on:9/29/09 10:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
sewmom3 said... (11/30/09 7:36 AM) Reply
I recently made this same view with a cheap sweater knit from the Walmart $1/yd section. I get lots of compliments on it. It has just the right amount of drape necessary for this pattern. I also added a back seam so I could do a little more shaping on the back to make it more fitted along with more side-seam shaping at the hips to accomodate my pear shape. Wonderful pattern! I think a microfleece with give the right amount of drape.
moushka said... (11/9/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Hope you try this again in the ponte. It looks wonderfully comfy and cozy, perfect for around the house. I think the ponte in a medium would give you the professional edge you're looking for, especially if you go for colour. Red, for example :)
Barbara V said... (10/1/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Lovely and cozy looking cardigan, perfect for winter.
Kayseri said... (9/30/09 6:05 PM) Reply
It may be loose and casual but I would go as far as frumpy. This looks like a great addition to your wardrobe.
Ripple Dandelion said... (9/30/09 7:02 AM) Reply
I really like it, and I think it looks much cuter in your version than the envelope picture. I have had that experience in KS as well--unsure what size and alterations to make only to discover I should have made a different size altogether.
lmg said... (9/29/09 11:36 PM) Reply
Yes, a definite keeper. Thanks for the review and the info on sizing. I hope you make a second one although this version looks awfully cozy.

You Sew Girl Beauty Case Pattern

You Sew Girl Beauty Case Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

April Rhodes Date Night Dress