Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> Wild Things (Newsboy Cap)

Viewed 1955 times

Last Updated:2/3/04 6:08 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by MaryBeth using this Pattern

SouthernStitch said... (2/4/04 12:13 PM) Reply
Awesome. My DD would love this!
MaryBeth said... (2/4/04 11:43 AM) Reply
On the PMB list a lday suggested that the jockey only delivered papers in the evening after his day job-hehehe. This hat sure has produced some funny comments. Hope my friend will have a sense of humor about it too!
Lisa Laree said... (2/4/04 9:46 AM) Reply
How cute! Frustrating that it didn't turn out like you were expecting, though... Maybe they confused newsboys w/the Pony Express? ;)
Ann C said... (2/4/04 9:01 AM) Reply
Thank you for reminding us of this offering from W.Ginger again. Neat hat.
moushka said... (2/4/04 7:27 AM) Reply
Cute cap, Mary Beth. I printed this pattern off for a DF (an experienced home-ec teacher). She said it made up into a beanie! NOT the look she was after. I think this pattern is more like a baseball cap than a newsboy cap. It certainly doesn't look like the drawing in the program. No one at WildGinger deigned to reply to my questions about the pattern so I have no idea what they had in mind when they drafted it. You definitely made lemonade where I only saw a lemon! Great review.
candyo said... (2/4/04 1:20 AM) Reply
I LOVE your fabric choices! It looks more like a baseball cap than a newsboy, though.
Georgene said... (2/4/04 0:50 AM) Reply
Cool cap MB! You're right, its a bit jockey shaped, but love the laser-cut pleather with the pink underneath. Hmm, where else can you use that trick?Especially love your goose-neck as hat stand.
MaryBeth said... (2/3/04 8:07 PM) Reply
Patti-Jo, I sure would love to see a picture of yours! Did you manage to redo it to get a real newsboy shape? Do a review?
Patti-Jo said... (2/3/04 7:40 PM) Reply
I. too, made this hat, out of a cotton black/white/gray cat print from equilter. I found errors in the instructions, also,and I agree, a little playing around is necessary to get your desired end results. Great job, Marybeth!
AnneM said... (2/3/04 6:34 PM) Reply
Great placement of the laser-cuts; very fashion-forward. Doesn't really like like their little sketch, does it!
Deepika said... (2/3/04 5:51 PM) Reply
What a cool cap MaryBeth!

by: FreyaStark