Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Member since: 9/15/05
Posted on:10/2/09 10:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
beangirl said... (10/5/09 11:13 AM) Reply
OK TanyaMT, you just made me LOL! That is the ONE issue I don't have from the past 3 years and it's the one that I consistantly find something I just HAVE to make. I'm ordering a back issue right now. Thanks for the -ahem- encouragment to purchase! :-)
TanyaMT said... (10/4/09 7:46 PM) Reply
I don't think it looks that much like a swim coverup personally. I think you are being too hard on yourself. If you do want an alternative pattern that may not need so many modifications though, is maybe Otto Winter 2007 #27 what you are looking for? When I saw your review it reminded me of that one so thought I would mention it. I made the 2007 #27 for my niece last Christmas.
beangirl said... (10/3/09 7:16 PM) Reply
Keely, I think the idea is probably ok, but I should have spent more time with the sleeves (my original idea was to make them narrower but I got lazy) and to maybe color block the body of the dress so it looks more like the original. I also probably shouldn't have taken in the side seam (or rather, curved the side seam in at the upper waist to fit the body, rather than making it a trapeze-dress shape). I think I might even have that KS pattern, I'll have to check. Part of the difference is that the Hannah Andersson dress isn't a raglan sleeve, although I didn't think that would make much difference when I started. If I get a better result for this concept I will definitely update this review or post a new one!
keelyb1 said... (10/3/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Cute and it will fit for a while. :) I wonder if starting with a teeshirt would be closer to the dress you show? Maybe Kwik Sew 2893?
Heatherrique said... (10/3/09 12:07 PM) Reply
Still a very adorable top!

All About Linings