Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5283 (Misses Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Nancy Anne

About Nancy Annestar
TX USA
Member since: 11/26/04
Posted on:10/5/09 4:03 PM
Last Updated:10/7/09 9:33 AM

sewtime said... (10/7/09 7:37 PM) Reply
Very cute top, really love it!!
Leora said... (10/7/09 12:00 PM) Reply
Yeah, frustrating to cover the bust and not have puddles at the waist but every project gets us closer to perfection ;) I forgot to say I love the long sleeves on this top but hope you show and tell if you decide to make one sleeveless!
Nancy Anne said... (10/7/09 8:57 AM) Reply
No, Leora- it's definitely the front piece. The back piece actually fits better than any back piece I've made in a long time. It just seems that when I sew a garment to fit my bust measurement, the entire thing is too big. I've learned to measure the actual pattern pieces, but this time it was hard because of the odd shape of the front piece.
Leora said... (10/6/09 2:40 PM) Reply
Is it possible your back piece was too big, hence taking it in so much at the sides and having such a drop at the back shoulders yet? I think we have roughly the same measurements, except you have a tiny waist, and I'm finding the back piece is the culprit.
Heatherrique said... (10/6/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Very stylish top on you, Nancyanne! Think of the dropped shoulders as a designer's exclusive feature. I like the animal print and the twist top style on you!
Hilary said... (10/6/09 10:01 AM) Reply
I like it too-being tall is a plus, you can wear great bold prints without it overwhelming you! It looks beautiful, good job!
MaryL said... (10/5/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Very cute on you. I adore the print.
marec said... (10/5/09 8:28 PM) Reply
"I'm just going to make sure I keep everything else I wear with it very simple! " hahaha...what can I say? Really a nice print and tee. Enjoy it-it's grrrr...ate!
sewbehind said... (10/5/09 5:25 PM) Reply
I don't think anyone is going to notice the shoulders, quite frankly. You are a sweater girl (woman). It looks great on you.

No Pattern Used 2012-11-css