Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6952 (5 top variations)

Viewed 2001 times

Posted on:4/28/02 1:49 AM
Last Updated:5/1/02 11:01 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Twinkster said... (7/4/05 8:05 AM) Reply
Great technique on the little ruffles at the hem! You did a beautiful job!
said... (6/27/02 1:17 AM) Reply
I feel silly but I had a terrible time figuring out the placket and never did get it right. I modified the pattern to remove it and was pleased. Never did figure out why I couldn't understand the instructions for that! However, I plan to make another blouse with this flattering pattern.
said... (5/23/02 4:33 PM) Reply
After reading Rennie's great review , and taking a peek at the photo , I bought this pattern ! I made the sleeveless version. So cute , I really like it . The next time I'll make it a little higher in the armpit . Very easy , I liked that there was no facing and the bias arm hole is very RTW !
said... (5/1/02 9:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments. I'm encouraged to try more New Look. I love their website which shows actual garments sewn. Karla, my experieced is so limited with New Look that I've yet to make pants but would agree with the tops, the sizing is more comparable to Burda than the Big 3. Makes sense, since these are British patterns sizing would be European. Penny pincher that I am I just realized my Walmart cuts JoAnns by 55 cents on these patterns.
said... (4/30/02 0:38 AM) Reply
Rennie, I love this blouse! The color is stunning and it's very pretty!
said... (4/29/02 9:19 AM) Reply
Rennie - How do you feel about NL sizing? Did you use a pattern size comparable to the Big 4 (or are we down to Big 2 now?.....). I've heard suggestions that this sizing is more like Burda's. What do you think?
said... (4/28/02 10:24 PM) Reply
Rennie, that's very beautiful. I'm glad to know you had a positive experience with New Look. I just got 2 of their patterns from the Monsterpattern.com sale, and I feel good knowing you got such a great result. Thanks!
said... (4/28/02 6:28 PM) Reply
Another winner. That's two out of two you must be pleased. The plackets must be really small on this shirt as I have always used 1/2" buttons on placket shirts without problems. Thanks for the heads up on this shirt placket
said... (4/28/02 12:22 PM) Reply
I haven't used the New Look patterns yet, but I will have to try them. This looks like a very up to date style.
said... (4/28/02 9:38 AM) Reply
I like the New Look patterns and this looks like a great shirt. I like the placket and the shaping the darts give the pattern.

by: j Renee De...