Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-125 (Stripey Chic!)

Reviewed by:katharin

About katharinstar
NA JAPAN
Member since: 7/31/02
Posted on:10/8/09 10:15 AM
Last Updated:10/8/09 10:26 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Jali said... (10/13/09 7:36 AM) Reply
I love this in plaid! Very office-friendly chic. Impeccably sewn too. Great work!
katharin said... (10/10/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Thank you for the nice comments! Nancy, I buy my fabrics in Nippori, Tokyo textile town. Two shops are my favorites: Elegance (http://www.eleg.co.jp/elegance/index.html) and Tomato Select (http://www.nippori-tomato.com). I'm sorry, the homepages are in Japanese.
Nancywin said... (10/10/09 11:03 AM) Reply
I'm loving all of these beautiful blouses you've made. Where are you getting all of your gorgeous shirting fabrics? I never noticed this blouse in BWOF, but I love the sleeve detail and now I'm going to pull this one out!
Nancywin said... (10/10/09 11:02 AM) Reply
LynnRowe said... (10/10/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Impeccable!
Christas said... (10/9/09 10:35 PM) Reply
Wow! You are an amazing seamstress. I have seen three of your blouses today, and they look absolutely perfect! I also love this blouse in a plaid.
Diane333 said... (10/9/09 9:20 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I wish it were not a Burda. I am intimidated by their patterns.
renren said... (10/9/09 8:11 AM) Reply
This is beautiful! I bet if you had only one picture in the gallery--the one with the sleeve detail, especially--you would have had many more commenters because it is just exquisitely beautiful. I can hardly wait to see the striped one. Also, thanks for all the detail on achieving good fit, especially about sleeves binding--I have that problem with woven tops in general and it's good to know there might be a solution. Great review!
FreyaStark said... (10/9/09 2:14 AM) Reply
A gorgeous and distinctive shirt - as indeed are the others in your gallery! Well done.
crisford said... (10/9/09 0:39 AM) Reply
Your version of this is beautiful, much nicer than the magazine version. Good eye!
Sharonspils said... (10/9/09 0:27 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and thank you for the great review. I am also thinking I might need to try Sherril Millers tip as this may solve my problem with sleeves in general.
Re Becca said... (10/8/09 10:29 PM) Reply
Terrific shirt! I never thought of the plaid, but it looks fabulous. I like your sleeves better than mine, I really should give that band another shot.
Heidi Ho said... (10/8/09 3:39 PM) Reply
Very nice shirt. I didn't particularly like this pattern when I saw it in the flower print but I LOVE your version in the plaid! It is really cute!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (10/8/09 11:55 AM) Reply
Very nice, chic looking sleeves!

by: cybperry