Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6965

Last Updated:5/1/02 11:04 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Formalwear

said... (5/1/02 9:18 PM) Reply
The dress is adorable! Now I really want to make it. It's kinda sexy, but doesn't reveal anything too risque. Great job!
said... (5/1/02 2:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for switching the photos. The dress is lovely!
said... (5/1/02 9:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for all your comments. I have the pics on Ofoto.com, not Yahoo so public viewing is permitted.. Try just clicking on the camera icon on the list of patterns reviewed. (Another Deepika hint I recieved).
said... (4/30/02 1:03 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress, Rennie! By the way, if you're having trouble viewing the pic, copy the link to the clipboard and paste only the "http:..." address (without the javascript stuff)into the browser, and you can get in.
said... (4/29/02 1:23 AM) Reply
I too would love to see your finished garment but I too am "forbidden" from viewing the photo. Deepika tells me it's because I'm a non-Yahoo user. Any way to allow all access?
said... (4/28/02 9:01 PM) Reply
Sue, I made it out of a silky feeling sueded rayon by Hi-Fashion from Fabric.com purchase a couple of years ago. Drape is key for the undulating look of the lotus.
said... (4/28/02 7:48 PM) Reply
Wow, Rennie, what a pretty dress! I will have to give this one a try.
said... (4/28/02 7:35 PM) Reply
Very cute Rennie, I have this same pattern. What fabric did you make yours out of?
said... (4/28/02 6:22 PM) Reply
This is such a cute dress. I have used New Look a few times with hit and miss results. So I am going to take your advise and learn to tissue fit, as muslins rarely fit my time schedule. Thanks for the review and advise
said... (4/28/02 5:22 PM) Reply
To clarify, cut just the side seam allowances larger for "fit insurance"
said... (4/28/02 5:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliment,Janet,. I went with my usual size 12. I'm becoming a believer in tissue fitting as I'm seeing more and more how sizing varies even in the same pattern brand. Also, recommend cutting S.A.'s as much as 1" larger the first time I make a pattern for "fit insurance".
said... (4/28/02 5:12 PM) Reply
I really like both of your New Look creations. Did you use the same size you would in an American pattern?
said... (4/28/02 3:50 PM) Reply
Hi Rennie: I'm sure your dress is gorgeous like all your work - but it is "forbidden" to me. I particularly wanted to see it as I have this pattern and am waistline challenged. I'm so glad you reviewed it - I'd love to see how it looks.
said... (4/28/02 9:42 AM) Reply
This pattern looks like a great summer dress that can be casual or dressy. I just wish my computer would load up your pix, but I always have a problem?? Dunno why, and I sure would like to see the finished dress and your other stuff..... :-(

by: lao0264