Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6473 (Toddlers' Dress or Top In Two)

Reviewed by:CheyMoon

About CheyMoon
NV
Member since: 6/30/08
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:10/11/09 8:50 PM
See other patterns in this category: Toddlers

Sweater knit fabrics

TurtleBabies said... (1/31/10 5:09 PM) Reply
This is how I feel about learning to drive!
Vicky Coleen said... (10/28/09 12:00 PM) Reply
Loved the review! This pattern is difficult for a new sewer. I have made it for my granddaughter and had a few difficult moments with it. And I have years of experience. Don't give up, just start with something simpler as suggested by the other readers.
jgmafpw said... (10/12/09 8:41 AM) Reply
Haha good review of the learning to sew process! I agree with Katlew03, Readers Digest taught me how to sew, it's very readable with clear pics. Also why not give a skirt a try, pretty straight forward adjustments, and good jumping in point. I've taken classes and the commodity is fun as well as having others to commiserate with. With a little help it is sometimes easy to see how close we are to getting it right!
katlew03 said... (10/11/09 10:43 PM) Reply
This may have been labeled "easy" but pleats and a yoke such as this definitely would not be classified for beginners. Don't give up. Get a good sewing book such as Reader's Digest and make a simple A-line dress first and then attempt this after you acquire a little more experience. You may find it much easier then. This might have been too much to take on at this stage, but you will be able to do in with a little more experience. Good luck and don't give up. We were all there at one time, but you will get better.
downs said... (10/11/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Don't kill yourself. I like your sense of humor. I get discussed when I can't figure out a pattern. I liked your review. It was great. Hope you don't give up sewing. be happy as sewing isn enjoyable.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117