Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8548 (MISSES' COAT)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

About Kellie R.starstar
Member since: 7/4/07
Posted on:10/12/09 2:34 PM
Last Updated:10/12/09 6:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
bettysparkles said... (7/25/10 7:55 AM) Reply
I found the same thing with the ease on the sleeve, it took me 3 attempts and I'm not still happy with them at all. I am fairly sure it is a fault with the pattern not the choice of fabric. Also I thought the shoulder does not sit in place very well, probably because the shoulder seam is so short. I am going to use cut-down shoulder pads to try and fix this.
bettysparkles said... (7/25/10 7:55 AM) Reply
carolinablue said... (10/15/09 7:42 AM) Reply
Great coat - i've never been brave enough to tackle a coat
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (10/15/09 1:40 AM) Reply
How fun! I bet someone already has stopped you to ask "where did you get that coat?".
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (10/15/09 1:40 AM) Reply
Kellie R. said... (10/13/09 10:38 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all of your very kind comments! I shall wear this the next time I'm out, this evening. It's only to the boys' swimming lesson but it's a picture perfect autumn day today! Thanks so much!
frame said... (10/13/09 10:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
DorothyK said... (10/13/09 10:14 AM) Reply
Kellie, this coat is fabulous. It has style, attitude, and pizazz. You look wonderful in it - perfect color, too. All your meticulous work paid off and, if there are imperfections, they're not noticeable to anyone but you. Congratulations on a job well done.
Michelle L said... (10/13/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Wonderful coat! I love the color, and fantastic workmanship!
carolynw said... (10/13/09 8:23 AM) Reply
Uber classy - the color is so right for you. Great work
Karine said... (10/13/09 7:56 AM) Reply
Love the coat. The color you chose looks wonderful on you. The pattern is fun - something a bit different. Your topstitching looks flawless. In fact, the whole coat looks to be beautifully constructed. Nice job!
ryan's mom said... (10/13/09 6:42 AM) Reply
Love it! So chic and classy.
yorkshire lass said... (10/13/09 3:40 AM) Reply
This looks stunning on you and was well worth the effort made with it. Red is such a cheerful colour for an autumn/winter jacket.
Annette1 said... (10/13/09 2:54 AM) Reply
WOW-WEE, you look SO PRETTY in this RED COAT! I LOVE it! And your HAIR is so pretty, too. :o) GREAT review, and the coat is JUST PERFECT.
jilly cooper said... (10/13/09 1:47 AM) Reply
comprehensive review, I like all the details and the coat looks great
Jali said... (10/13/09 0:57 AM) Reply
A stunning coat!
Sweetiebop said... (10/12/09 10:46 PM) Reply
Great review. This pattern is definitely coming out of it's hiding place. You will be turning heads and if you don't everybody must be blind. Great ensemble.
Heidi Ho said... (10/12/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Wow!! That is one beautiful jacket! The color and fabric are so perfect for this style and you have truly done a magnificent job!
neverenoughtime said... (10/12/09 9:05 PM) Reply
Kelly, I always enjoy seeing your projects. You keep me motivated. Your work is nice and you enthusiasm is fun. Thanks, Cindy
ladybegood said... (10/12/09 8:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Despite the difficulties, you were so right to use this fabric for this pattern... the result is very stricking. I love that you can rock the 60's just as well as the 40's and 50's!
Aunt Gail said... (10/12/09 8:25 PM) Reply
wow -- This is SO Retro Vogue. And your added touch of the longer gloves -- you ROCK! Great details in the Review as well!
Lori V said... (10/12/09 8:16 PM) Reply
Very chic coat, I really like the style and the color combination, great job.
katharin said... (10/12/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Your coat looks fabulous, very chic. I love it!
harmony758 said... (10/12/09 5:11 PM) Reply
You are absolutely right about the ease of the sleeves! I haven't posted a review of this pattern yet, but I had the same issue. I ended up just leaving it bunchy.
CynthiaSue said... (10/12/09 4:54 PM) Reply
I love it. "i'm not sewing a vintage pattern so I WILL use vintage fabric!!" you look like a little red siren in your coat. marvelous.
nglalala said... (10/12/09 4:25 PM) Reply
WOW!!! I love your coat!! It's so beautiful!
Amanda S. said... (10/12/09 3:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I love the color and fit on you.
Heatherrique said... (10/12/09 3:15 PM) Reply
Kellie, consider this an invigorating and sensational jacket with flawless style! I adore this color and design on you. You are definitely going to get a lot of admiration WHENEVER you wear it. Thanks for a VERY helpful review!
smoody said... (10/12/09 3:13 PM) Reply
You've done a beautiful job! Color, style and construction! It looks great on you!

Ottobre Design Magazine 01-2008-20