Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2009-12 ("Elegance" trousers)

Reviewed by:ejvc

About ejvcstar
Member since: 11/7/06
Posted on:10/13/09 6:09 AM
Last Updated:10/13/09 6:21 AM

o3b said... (5/14/10 3:27 AM) Reply
You made a great review of this pattern! I am printing it out to store with the magazine.
Sew4Fun said... (1/17/10 5:35 AM) Reply
I found your review extremely helpful. One of the best reviews I've read for a while. Thanks!
21wale said... (10/25/09 8:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I've been considering these pants for a while. And after all that work, you got a really nice fit.
ejvc said... (10/22/09 5:08 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the comments and I'm glad you like the pockets. I am wearing these trousers all the time. Regarding the Ottobre figure -- everything is relative. Tall - I'm 5'6", and I think they design for 5'7" or 5'8" - I take 4cm off the bottom typically. Large-busted - let's say a generous c-cup rather than the big-4 b cup. Tummy - they just have a lot of styles where the waistline is disguised rather than highlighted. I don't know if their actual *block* has "tummy" built in. Flat-bottomed -- this I do think, but I have the opposite, so I think this might fit the ordinary figure rather well. I really like their patterns so I keep using them. Their cutting and construction are very well done.
ejvc said... (10/22/09 5:08 AM) Reply

PJH said... (10/17/09 3:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Your pants look really good, especially the pockets. Interesting thoughts on the 'Ottobre figure'. Thank you.
RuthieSews said... (10/15/09 6:16 PM) Reply
Wonderfully detailed review. Very helpful, and I am sure I can apply lots of your fitting tips to the Ottobre patterns I have. P.S. Did I say how fab they look? No? They look FAB!!!
StashPanache said... (10/14/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Pants look great, Elizabeth. Great review, too. All that effort on the pockets paid off. They look fantastic. Thanks to your review I am thinking I might have an Ottobre behind and might try a pair of pants from them?
Geordie Girl said... (10/14/09 10:11 AM) Reply
They were well worth the trouble. The pockets look great. Thanks for a great reveiw
Miranda said... (10/13/09 11:24 PM) Reply
Great job Elizabeth! Well done! They're fantastic.
sarahinlafayette said... (10/13/09 11:14 AM) Reply
Great review, and I agree with your idea of the Ottobre figure, which I also do not share! Your pants look great on you, but thanks to your fair warning, I think I'll steer clear of this pattern.
Mufffet said... (10/13/09 9:46 AM) Reply
Very nice. All that work, and it paid off.
said... (10/13/09 9:35 AM) Reply
Excellent review. The pants look so RTW and those pockets are wonderful despite the construction challenge.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment
Tez said... (10/13/09 8:53 AM) Reply
The pants look terrific. I love those pockets -- I hadn't even noticed them in the magazine.
VtMartha said... (10/13/09 7:06 AM) Reply
These are some fantastic pants, Elizabeth! The review is great too. Thanks.

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-144