Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6149 (Misses Skirt and Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:racehorse

Last Updated:10/14/09 11:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
arianamaniacs said... (10/16/09 4:58 AM) Reply
I like the top a lot on you, I'm not sure what you disliked. I love stripes too. Are dolman sleeves raglan sleeves? I'm not a fan of them on myself either, but I think that fitted using a stretch fabric like this they work well.
julie w said... (10/15/09 6:35 PM) Reply
I'll just reiterate what others have said "this top looks good on you". Try putting it is the magic wardrobe for a week and let it do it's work!
racehorse said... (10/15/09 1:42 PM) Reply
This one actually doesn't have an "add" line. I just had to kind of wing it. I'm going to try the BWOF wrap top this weekend. I think I might have more success lengthening that one.
homejewel said... (10/15/09 1:28 PM) Reply
I'm with the other ladies (this seems like a repeat of another review, huh? lol) - it looks good on you from the picture. Can you add length to the bottom? Being the Amazon Woman myself, sometimes I add at the "add" line in addition to the bottom hemline.
racehorse said... (10/15/09 9:13 AM) Reply
I'm surprised you guys think this looks good on me! Maybe I'm just too critical. I may try it on again tonight to see if it grows on me. I really want a longer torso and I'm not sure how I would achieve that on a top like this.
jgmafpw said... (10/15/09 8:49 AM) Reply
I'm with these other girls, I think your top looks cute. Maybe you are one of those people who just look good in everything.......if so I'm going to have to not like you.....(JUST KIDDING!) Top looks great!
renren said... (10/15/09 8:05 AM) Reply
I do like this top on you and was surprised to learn there were problems with it. Three inches does seem like a lot to add, and I can imagine it introducing all kinds of problems with this type of blouse. Well, onward, and best of luck in finding that elusive TNT so you can use the set-aside fabric waiting in the wings.
Elona said... (10/15/09 0:54 AM) Reply
I dunno; the top appears to be sort of cute on you, and as dolman sleeves go, those are pretty nice. Often they make women look as though the shoulders, boobs, and waist are One.

by: Sheila457