Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2494 (Accessories)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
AZ United States
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:10/16/09 10:53 AM
Last Updated:10/16/09 10:57 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
AnitaJJ said... (11/7/10 4:49 PM) Reply
This hat is darling. Here I am looking way back in time at "accessories" and I come across this. Wow. You didn't expect it to be so small ... but it looks cuter than the pattern pic this way. I have this pattern, but never gave it a thought. I may dig it out with your hat as inspiration.
celcies said... (12/23/09 6:54 PM) Reply
I agree the sizing is actually very small. I'd suggest using smaller seam allowances. I've made A B and C and even the large was like a skull cap on my normal sized head.
AnneM said... (11/14/09 10:33 AM) Reply
These hat styles do seem to have some possibilities, particularly with your warning on the sizing. A nice variety of fleece hats.
Christas said... (10/17/09 4:55 PM) Reply
Super cute hat!
JDpenelope said... (10/17/09 10:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review and I appreciate your sizing info. This would be a good way to use up fleece scraps -- for oneself, for gifts, or for charity sewing. Some of us hate to throw away scraps -- but don't know what to do with them. Looks like a good solution.
Raye Ann said... (10/16/09 11:00 PM) Reply
totally in love. nice to know it might fit a pea-head like mine. i would have not purchased this pattern because the envelope photos make it look very large!
Annette1 said... (10/16/09 8:25 PM) Reply
You konw, I had not even NOTICED this pattern before, but these really ARE such CUTE hats! I'm gettin' the stinkin' pattern, dang it all! You look so cute. :o) And how nice of you to make some for your local crisis center, too. I know they appreciate it so much.
bluenines said... (10/16/09 6:31 PM) Reply
cute hat! thank for the review, I just brought this pattern tonight after work and it is on the list of sewing for the weekend
Sew4Fun said... (10/16/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Nice hat! Thanks for the review.
Rhoda K said... (10/16/09 2:29 PM) Reply
Really cute!!
Elona said... (10/16/09 1:35 PM) Reply
Dang, that is cute! It reminds me of quite a few hats I saw in France last winter. They were imaginative and unusual in their use of pieced and multicolored fleece--or boiled wool. It turns out that boiled or felted wool lends itself nicely to this kind of treatment. Hmmm: Uses for small pieces of experimentally-felted wool???
MaryDB said... (10/16/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Darling hat! Thanks for the review, just in time for Christmas present planning.

Wonder Wallet Paper Pattern