Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8087 (Pants)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

Available for sale on PR: $7.46 $9.95 Pattern Details

The Smuggler's Daughter

Online Fabric Store

ClaireEmily said... (10/18/09 7:28 AM) Reply
Thanks four your comments everyone! Mary Nanna, I think you are right that the tilting the waistline down at the front would be a helpful adjustment, I'll do that next time. Also I think not adding belt loops was a mistake as I also find that all pants slip down at the front and maybe a belt is the only remedy! =)
Mary Nanna said... (10/17/09 5:57 PM) Reply
nice job - they look great..very impressive! re front fitting issues - it looks to me that you may need to curve your front waist down about an inch tapering from the side to centre front. (I have to do that myself, so it's an alteration I'm familiar with..) Another issue I have with pants is that my figure is not suited to drop waistbands - I need my trousers to sit on the waistline to get them to sit properly with a belt - even when I've done every alteration under the sun I find the front has a tendency to drop adn I find myself in a constant state of hitchin' - even with a belt. I think my "shelf" just pulls everything down! There's no doubt that pants that sit an inch or two below waist are more flattering but they are also more uncomfortable for me.
meesa said... (10/16/09 8:02 PM) Reply
I'm threatening to make my own pair of pants for the first time. I have this pattern as well as a KS. I think you are right that this pattern is best for a fluid, but your version turned out very nice on you!
marec said... (10/16/09 7:20 PM) Reply
Congratulations on perfecting pants fitting. :-)
FreyaStark said... (10/16/09 5:18 PM) Reply
They look pretty good for a first effort - the back pockets are cute - and I'm sure you'll find the next pair easier. Burda pants patterns have a good reputation so another one, with less wide legs, might suit you better.
MamaSewing said... (10/16/09 11:07 AM) Reply
They look great on you, good job!
renren said... (10/16/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Fantastic pants and a great fit. Glad you persevered. For a first pair of pants you chose what I would consider to be a more difficult pattern (pocket flaps, contoured waistband, fly zipper, yoke pockets) and you have done an excellent job.
Kellie R. said... (10/16/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Congratulations! I dislike pants for the same reasons that you do... and still have not attempted to sew a pair! Yours look great!
Bsts said... (10/16/09 7:54 AM) Reply
Your pants look great. You took time and made a awesome effort to get them to fit wonderfully. Me? Never been able to get a pair of pants to fit. I am going to follow your lead and try again.
mars418 said... (10/16/09 7:44 AM) Reply
ClaireEmily, Great job on your first pair of pants. I've also been on a mission to find a slacks pattern that will fit better than most RTW. The Burda's seem to work well for an 'athletic' bum and of the 3 Burdas I've tried, 7746 is my fav--in fact have a pair finished except for the hem. Great job and can't wait to see more!
Sara The Slayer said... (10/16/09 6:13 AM) Reply
They look great! Extremely flattering.

by: wendlesue