Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:Twinset

About Twinsetstarstarstarstar
QC Canada
Member since: 9/15/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:11/25/09 1:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 44 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Mikgirl said... (4/8/10 1:04 AM) Reply
Once again it's your review when I like something!! Thank you for the nice review. After seeing your pictures and reading your review, I really want to try this jeans!!
Christas said... (2/14/10 0:08 AM) Reply
I want your jeans! They are beautiful! I have this pattern, but I don't think mine will look as good as these. WOW!
Living Beauty said... (1/9/10 5:43 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed reading the review you wrote of your experience making this jeans pattern. You look great in the jeans and your technique is flawless. I hope you don't mind if I sort of use your review as a guide for my first time making jeans! Beautiful! Keep sewing!
Jewelia14 said... (1/6/10 3:50 PM) Reply
Wow. Awesome job. Definitely have to go find this pattern now!
FL Girl said... (12/21/09 11:53 AM) Reply
Great jeans! Wow, I can't wait to make them for myself.
Gay said... (12/16/09 2:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review (and your great pix). I think I'll try this pattern instead of going thru the hassle of tracing my favorite pair of RTW jeans.
donna mel said... (12/4/09 7:44 AM) Reply
jalie should be paying you for selling this pattern!! what a wonderful review and fantastic looking jeans!
LynnRowe said... (12/1/09 10:57 AM) Reply
WOW!!! Superb jeans...and you know it's true when even the designer says so! :)
emilieatjalie said... (12/1/09 10:38 AM) Reply
Je suis bouche bée! Your fabric, topstiching, notions... everything is perfect!
hpsauce said... (11/28/09 6:00 AM) Reply
Incredible review and amazing jeans!
SpinningJenny said... (11/27/09 7:00 PM) Reply
Thank you for such an informative and detailed review. Your work is superb, and the pants are fantastic!
elily00 said... (11/27/09 3:00 PM) Reply
Wow! These pants are fabulous! The fit is perfect! Your glowing review has sold me on buying this pattern, after a not-so-great fit (and frustrating instructions) from a Vogue pattern I just finished. So disappointing when so many people really liked the pattern... I plan to take your advice in the future- you've got me all excited about my next pair of pants! Thank you!
Kay Y said... (11/26/09 7:41 PM) Reply
I'll join the chorus! Great fit and really superb precise sewing on these.
AnitaJ said... (11/26/09 2:10 PM) Reply
Awesome looking jeans and terrific review! I just got this pattern and some fabric for it. I will definitely be referring back to your review when I attempt my 1st pair of jeans. Thanks for all the helpful info!!
JEF said... (11/26/09 12:00 PM) Reply
I'm with everyone else! Great jeans and great review!
Mahler said... (11/26/09 9:00 AM) Reply
What a great, great review. Thank you so much for all details. You look top notch my dear !!! Wonderful boom boom in those jeans ;-)
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/26/09 8:10 AM) Reply
HOME RUN! YOU HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK! TWICE: GREAT JEANS AND OUTSTANDING REVIEW.
BillieJean said... (11/26/09 7:14 AM) Reply
I've just ordered this pattern and I'll use your review for guidance when I make this. A fantastic pair of pants and extremely helpful review. Thanks.
Patzee said... (11/26/09 1:56 AM) Reply
Fabulous jeans and a great review. Thank you, thank you!
CynthiaSue said... (11/25/09 10:51 PM) Reply
omigosh, they should replace you with the model for the pattern. Impeccable work!! Now I might have to make them and stop buying Citizens, 7's, Hudsons....
quathy said... (11/25/09 10:45 PM) Reply
Fantastic jeans! Thank you for the details on your notions - those little items can be very hard to find! I love your choice of the brown thread for the denim pair - they look very classy.
blessedtosew said... (11/25/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Both pairs are awesome!!! I saved this review and will follow it when I make these. Thank you for taking the time to go into detail.
Lori V said... (11/25/09 8:46 PM) Reply
Very fabulous jeans and pants. Great job and great review, thanks.
Barbara V said... (11/25/09 7:53 PM) Reply
Jaw dropping fabulous jeans - both of them! Your workmanship is amazing and the fit is perfect.
pammieh said... (11/25/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Great fit on you and I'm a jeans addict!! Love them on you - especially the velvet.
Sandi S said... (11/25/09 6:53 PM) Reply
These look fantastic - thanks for a great review.
sewbehind said... (11/25/09 6:23 PM) Reply
Very helpful review and fantastic looking jeans. Great work.
Sigrid. said... (11/25/09 5:37 PM) Reply
Perfect, perfect jeans and a great review. Love them in both fabrics. I do have this pattern but confess it's still unpacked. Must give it a try soon.
Sew4Fun said... (11/25/09 5:33 PM) Reply
Fabulous looking jeans!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (11/25/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Both are fabulous looking jeans, perfect and style! Bravo!
sewnsewtoo said... (11/25/09 4:48 PM) Reply
Thankyou for a very informative review. Your pants are wonderful. Cudos for all the expert topstitching.
kidmd said... (11/25/09 4:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful jeans. Fabulous review. This pattern is on it's way to me, so I'm so glad you posted this now. I'll be using it soon!!!
cabinbaby said... (11/25/09 4:32 PM) Reply
Great jeans!!!
mhk3boys said... (11/25/09 3:50 PM) Reply
Wow! what a great review! I have this pattern and I am on the scared side to make pants but the more reviews I read like this, the more inspired I am. I'm printing this off and following it like catbird.
Patti B said... (11/25/09 3:35 PM) Reply
Fantastic and fabulous -- both pairs!
Paris75008 said... (11/25/09 3:31 PM) Reply
Oh m'gosh those jeans are PERFECT!!! And that top stitching looks SO professional. Absolutely flawless. I just love the fit.
mending maven said... (11/25/09 3:09 PM) Reply
Impeccable sewing. Utterly flawless. Lovely all the way through and they FIT well.
carolynw said... (11/25/09 3:02 PM) Reply
I am almost speechless and deep green with envy - what gorgeous - really, really gorgeous jeans - true religion jeans. Your topstitching is beyond belief - your DH is right - you don't need to spend $$$$ on expensive jeans when you can turn out even better looking and definitely better fitting ones Bravo Madam
Catbird said... (11/25/09 2:49 PM) Reply
This is an outstanding review. I am going to save it and follow it like a pilgrim when I make my next pair of jeans. I am crazy about the results you got! Really, honestly, WOW. Both jeans look phenomenal on you, and I agree with your husband that you have no need for expensive store-bought jeans anymore! These are so high end. I love the subtlety of the brown topstitching on the denim pair; it's one of my favorite details of this project of yours. THANK YOU for taking the time to document everything you used; it is so helpful. I'm so impressed, I could go on and on (actually, I guess I HAVE gone on and on :-)). These jeans are incredible!
Knitters Delight said... (11/25/09 2:49 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. Is this for the wardrobe contest? Amazing work!
vivianna said... (11/25/09 2:13 PM) Reply
They are gorgeous! Fabulous result.
Aixoise said... (11/25/09 2:07 PM) Reply
Your jeans look fabulous and very professional. Reading your review, I'm tempted to put my Burda pattern aside and try the Jalie jeans pattern instead. Thanks for all the tips and details.

by: FreyaStark